When Do They Start Looking All The Same?

Started by Queequeg, June 16, 2009, 05:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2009, 08:18:48 PM
:lol: ...and yet Tim calls me a raciss.
I just haven't been around many Asian people, it's simply a matter of experience. :mellow:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2009, 10:12:07 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2009, 08:18:48 PM
:lol: ...and yet Tim calls me a raciss.
I just haven't been around many Asian people
that's no surprise, seeing how you're racist against our asian bretheren :rolleyes::P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Strix

I sometimes find it hard to tell red necks apart. They wear the same flannel shirts, jeans with their ass cracks showing, and shit kickers. The only distinguishing feature seems to be the color of their mullets but that maybe related to their mating season, I am not quite sure yet.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Strix on June 17, 2009, 06:39:39 PM
I sometimes find it hard to tell red necks apart. They wear the same flannel shirts, jeans with their ass cracks showing, and shit kickers. The only distinguishing feature seems to be the color of their mullets but that maybe related to their mating season, I am not quite sure yet.
How tragic not to recognize your own people. :cry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2009, 07:15:34 PM
How tragic not to recognize your own people. :cry:
I know.  I have trouble telling my relatives apart.

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2009, 07:18:22 PM
I know.  I have trouble telling my relatives apart.
Which side of the family?  Both?  In that case, you are royally fucked.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on June 17, 2009, 07:22:06 PM
Just the chinaman side.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Strix on June 17, 2009, 06:39:39 PM

Try using the tats as your recognition guide.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Palisadoes

We think they all look-a-like, they think we all look-a-like. Fair enough, really.

As for the question - well I think there are traits whereby you can tell eastern European from western European, Aborigine from Austronesian, etc... though I guess these are all generalised with the need for you to be in the proximity of certain peoples to really be able to tell (and even then appearances can be deceptive).

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2009, 07:23:28 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 17, 2009, 07:22:06 PM
Just the chinaman side.
I'm willing to bet that everyone in your family who has spent time in Korea doesn't have that difficulty.  Would I be right?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on June 17, 2009, 07:29:12 PM
I'm willing to bet that everyone in your family who has spent time in Korea doesn't have that difficulty.  Would I be right?
You would not.

PDH

Do you have trouble with the chinaman-girls too, Yi?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Palisadoes

Quote from: PDH on June 17, 2009, 07:42:31 PM
Do you have trouble with the chinaman-girls too, Yi?
Ladyboys come mainly from Thailand.