News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic game incoming

Started by Syt, January 16, 2015, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

More love for Games Workshop fans?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

QuoteHoly Ships: Battlefleet Gothic – Armada Announced

Cathedral ships, ahoy! Focus Interactive have announced that they will publish a real-time strategy adaptation of Games Workshop's Battlefleet Gothic. Armada is already in development and we'll be taking a closer look in very near future but the first details emerged moments ago. Fleets will be drawn from four forces – Imperial, Chaos, Eldar and Ork – and ships will be fully customisable, from their weaponry to support sub-systems. Admirals and crew will gain experience from one battle to the next, but the initial press release doesn't contain any details regarding campaign or mission structure. Giant images await below, in the Warp.

Click to see the full majesty of the pics, including the one at the top of the article.

These ships really couldn't be any more goth, could they? Sure, you could add eyeliner and big hair but that would cross the gothic streams and we'd end up with Robert Smith measuring out space for a flamboyant arch around his bedroom niche.

Developers Tindalos Interactive have previous in the space-based RTS space, most notable with Stellar Impact, which pleased Brendan back in 2012.

I had a brief dalliance with tabletop Battlefleet back in the day, as I did with most things Games Workshop. Weirdly, despite my preference for dark futures, I preferred Man O' War, mainly because I knew a couple of people who had stacks o' ships for use in its seafaring skirmishes. As is usually the case with 40k, I love the aesthetics but I don't remember the specifics of the ruleset well enough to intelligently ponder how much will be jettisoned in the move to computerised realtime. I'm looking forward to finding out though and will tell you all about it in due course.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.