News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Grand unified books thread

Started by Syt, March 16, 2009, 01:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2015, 10:53:38 AM
I think there is probably an easier explanation and it involves you not having as great a memory as you think. :(

If you had said that, would you actually admit to it?  For the record please post 10 other things you wouldn't admit to on Languish.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2015, 10:05:07 PM
If you had said that, would you actually admit to it?  For the record please post 10 other things you wouldn't admit to on Languish.

I wouldn't admit to having shot Kennedy. :whistle:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2015, 10:05:07 PM
If you had said that, would you actually admit to it?

In a bizarro world where I like Ayn Rand and said she pissed lemonade, sure, why not?

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2015, 10:05:07 PMFor the record please post 10 other things you wouldn't admit to on Languish.

Honey, that doesn't even make any sense. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2015, 07:56:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2015, 06:15:58 PM
Oh, Raz, you'll need to update the descriptor. Today, I finally mailed off my paper work to rejoin the Democratic Party. :yeah:

Disgusting.

I would vote for a non-disgusting party but that would involve throwing my vote away :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2015, 07:54:14 AM
Oh, Raz, you'll need to update the descriptor. Today, I finally mailed off my paper work to rejoin the Democratic Party. :yeah:

Disgusting.

I would vote for a non-disgusting party but that would involve throwing my vote away :(

Just as long as you vote for a man.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2015, 09:28:48 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2015, 07:54:14 AM

Disgusting.

Just as long as you vote for a man.

But that would involve throwing his vote away.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2015, 09:32:20 AM
But that would involve throwing his vote away.

I don't share your confidence in Fiorina.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

barkdreg

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2015, 02:23:06 AM
I've never paid much attention to Warhammer, least of all the novels, because the setting is so silly and cranked up to 11ty-11, I don't see how it can work as a setting for a proper story.

Someone on EUOT suggested the Ciaphas Cain books as a good jumping on point, and I picked up the first one as eBook (For the Emperor). I'm in chapter 1, but basically this is Flashman/Blackadder in WH40K, no? (Not complaining - I think this is a way you can make it work.)

The Genevieve trilogy is quite good.

garbon

Disgusting.

Well, worry not, Ed. In their infinite wisdom, Royal Mail decided that when I paid the increased postage for transatlantic mail (as well as put their air mail label on it), that I probably just wanted to send the letter to my return address. Air mail prices to send myself a letter from Mayfair to Islington. <_<

So for now, still a Republican.

11B4V

Haha

The first book arrived. Objective Ponyri: The Defeat of XXXXI. Panxerkorps at Ponyri Train station.

It's only about 177 pages in a very quality layout. It focuses on one of the two decisive engagements (Ponyri, the other Olkhovatka) on the ignored northern salient operation of 9th Army. High quality actual german aerial recon photos at the time of the operation. Layed out in a nice coffee table book format. Just wonderful.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I thought about getting that Kursk book but then I rememered Kursk is boring.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".