News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Grand unified books thread

Started by Syt, March 16, 2009, 01:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

I read Reading Lacan by Jane Gallop.  A series of playful close readings of various important passages from Écrits.  Recommended for those lost souls still nursing an interest in Lacanian psychoanalysis after all these years...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

You and Squeelus should make some babies Capetano.

Capetan Mihali

:Embarrass:  I'm just a regular guy... :unsure:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

I'm starting Shattered Sword on Berkut's recommendation.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Reading Basque History of the World, loving it. They're total freaks, it's amazing. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

And another ethnic group to obsess over.

*takes a drink*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

THIS ONE IS MOST BEAUTIFUL.  I'M SERIOUS THIS TIME.

Queequeg

Why aren't you people dead of sclerosis already?
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Reading is a bourgeois pastime.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on January 12, 2014, 08:40:02 PM
Reading is a bourgeois pastime.

Watching the mouth breathing crap you watch is far more middle class to low class.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Queequeg on January 12, 2014, 08:12:19 PM
Why aren't you people dead of sclerosis already?

Your voodoo woman is a quack.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

:bleeding:
I was just wondering how people doing the drinking thing survived my recent enthusiastic posts.