2024 Portuguese snap Legislative Elections

Started by Duque de Bragança, March 12, 2024, 01:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose your poison to best of your knowledge and belief(s)

0 (0%)
1 (5.6%)
3 (16.7%)
1 (5.6%)
1 (5.6%)
4 (22.2%)
0 (0%)
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 20, 2024, 01:16:00 PM

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: clandestino on May 09, 2024, 09:50:04 AMNot that much these days, it seems. Either because of financial fair play regulations or because the Fosun money has dried up, or both, the relation with Mendes seems somewhat distant. The flop of Fabio Silva did wonders for that as well, alongside a very competent manager that seems outside of his orbit.

Seems you are trying to rationalise it.  :P

QuoteThere is still a strong Portuguese presence that helps, of course, and while it has diminished recently, the football played has improved which compensates for that. I don't think it's related though  :P

Well, I am still skeptical.  :hmm: No strong opinion though.

QuoteAs you may know, in our generation at least, one doesn't chose a football club, he inherits it from his family. Mine (patrilineal line) is Sporting through and through. Not because of class, since they were at best, non-agrarian rural working class, but maybe because they were at its peak while my grandfather was young.

Seemed a bit freer up North, though I can see lots of people I know who went along. My father was not that much into football, though following it distantly. The Clubes do Regime slogan I picked from him, however.
QuoteRegarding Estrela, got to see them a couple of times this season and it was nice, relaxed when compared with what I was used to. One of them was a 2-1 win over Estoril in the last minute of overtime, which was epic. :D

(Un)fortunatelly since I'm moving to a different area this summer (one that doesn't support a football club in the first 2 divisions for tenths of kms) and I'm not a native of Amadora, not sure if I'll keep the interest in the club forward.

I thought they had gone under, I'm happy to see if they are still alive. They are one of the historicals after all, not among the Greats, of course. Waiting for Académica to resurrect.  :P
QuoteNo thoughts about André Ventura, an infamous pro-Benfica troll on a trashy TV "news" channel?  :P

QuoteYes, plenty of thoughts. Not nice ones though. :ph34r:

I would not have it any other way.  :lol: