News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I think by "let's get rocked" they were talking about something else  :D

My favourite all time rock and roll sex pun is in The Who's Squeeze Box.

She goes in and out and in and out
And in and out and in and out
'Cause she's playing all night
And the music's all right
Mama's got a squeeze box
Daddy never sleeps at night
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on March 01, 2024, 07:09:24 AMI think by "let's get rocked" they were talking about something else  :D

:o

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Marillion. Clutching at Straws
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

Devo - Gut Feeling/Slap Your Mammy
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on January 31, 2024, 10:58:03 AMI feel exposed.

Happy to see MIA is still going but sad she is so low. Wonder what happened to her. A decade ago she seemed set for mega stardom.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

When demons defile a witch - Whitechapel.
Good song.

The guillotine, part 1 &2 - Escape the fate.  Probably their greatest hit.  Part 3&4 obviously have a hard change in tone due to the singer's departure of the band.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on March 06, 2024, 04:32:57 AM

Happy to see MIA is still going but sad she is so low. Wonder what happened to her. A decade ago she seemed set for mega stardom.

Maybe her antics at the Super Bowl?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2024, 08:27:43 AM
Quote from: Josquius on March 06, 2024, 04:32:57 AM

Maybe her antics at the Super Bowl?

Maybe I heard about this at the time but reading about it here it's like complete news to me.
How weird, such a fuss over nothing.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Being pro Alex Jones and antivax conspiracy nut probably didn't help.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on March 06, 2024, 06:33:19 PMBeing pro Alex Jones and antivax conspiracy nut probably didn't help.
Ouch. OK. Lets hope its that. Fuck her then. She shouldn't even be on the line up

In happier thoughts I've come back to this old Sea Power recording which remains peak.

██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on March 01, 2024, 07:09:24 AMI think by "let's get rocked" they were talking about something else  :D

My favourite all time rock and roll sex pun is in The Who's Squeeze Box.

She goes in and out and in and out
And in and out and in and out
'Cause she's playing all night
And the music's all right
Mama's got a squeeze box
Daddy never sleeps at night

I remember the moment it dawned on me as an early teen what those words actually meant - and the adults let me listen to it! 

viper37

Quote from: Syt on March 01, 2024, 03:35:17 AMStill fun, but man, those lyrics ... :lol:

Just reaffirms the trope that hair rock bands only have songs about rock or chicks or rock and chicks. :P
Ah, Poor Some Sugar on me...
Don't know how good you guys were with British English in your teens, but this didn't ring anything over here, except in the literal sense.  Which is very confusing to hear in a song's lyrics. :D

Only when I played modded Skyrim, years later did I learn what Give me some sugar was :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Nice cover.  I like that girl.

This one from famed Ukrainian artists Jinjer: