News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2015, 03:15:06 AM
Am I the only one who hates that these days you can hardly read any coverage anymore - everybody is just making a fucking video?

Depends. For gameplay impressions/reviews I find videos actually better these days, and a reviewer can cover more ground in a 10 or 15 minute video than a 2,000 word article.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

I dunno, these two spent about 20 minutes getting excited about close combat animations that will go largely unscrutinized, and "kinetic frontlines", whatever that is supposed to mean. With less than 30 seconds they got to army painting DLC, although the statements were far vaguer and less concrete than how UTTERLY AWESOME it is to watch demigryph knights charge in from above with their spears.

Found it odd he didn't at least ask about Chaos; suppose he was already briefed on his talking points.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Am I the only one who hates that these days you can hardly read any coverage anymore - everybody is just making a fucking video?

I think videos do a better job providing coverage of a visual medium like video games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on June 23, 2015, 09:07:19 AM
I think videos do a better job providing coverage of a visual medium like video games.

They do, yeah, but sometimes a written article can get a little more in depth about things than a relatively short video review.  I think it's IGN that has both for a lot of games, which is nice. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on June 23, 2015, 03:28:11 AM

I agree that it is horrible. I don't want to watch a fucking video.

Goat Simulator?

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 23, 2015, 11:25:55 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 23, 2015, 03:28:11 AM

I agree that it is horrible. I don't want to watch a fucking video.

Goat Simulator?

I didn't get the game, even when it was on sale. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

New article with a bit more information.
http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-heroes-quests-mounts-and-magic/

QuoteThe campaign map, which they're not showing today, will be something completely new to Warhammer, set in the Old World in a non-specific timeline. Writer / loremaster Andy Hall explains that, though turns pass, no real time does. There isn't even weather. It's like living in a perfect instant of Warhammer. "There aren't seasons in the Warhammer world anyway. One day it's raining teeth... the next, the sun's under the sea." 

They need to rein this hack in. No seasons in Warhammer? Leaves Orion holding the bag as he waits for a spring that will never come to be reborn, to be sure.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Scipio

It baffles me that they didn't call it Total War:hammer.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Brain

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 09, 2015, 07:54:44 AM

QuoteThe campaign map, which they're not showing today, will be something completely new to Warhammer, set in the Old World in a non-specific timeline. Writer / loremaster Andy Hall explains that, though turns pass, no real time does. There isn't even weather. It's like living in a perfect instant of Warhammer. "There aren't seasons in the Warhammer world anyway. One day it's raining teeth... the next, the sun's under the sea." 

They need to rein this hack in. No seasons in Warhammer? Leaves Orion holding the bag as he waits for a spring that will never come to be reborn, to be sure.

The main reason I pretty much gave up Warhammer stuff was the fact that they keep changing the fluff. Takes me a couple of years to paint an army, I can't keep up.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Lettow77

This seems to be the exact scene we've had a dozen articles describe, and what the journalists were showed. They sure are keeping this on the rails.

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 09, 2015, 07:54:44 AM

This seems to point towards the rumours about the changes in the warhammer world being true- they've essentially moved the timeline forward 200 years and in the process utterly destroyed the world, with remaining living beings existing on floating spheres in the aether that occasionally bump into each other (thus giving logic to why the lizardmen would be fighting the vampire counts)
██████
██████
██████