News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

North Korea's Internet

Started by Jacob, January 09, 2015, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Some guy gets his hands on North Korea's Official Web Browser (apparently an old version of Firefox), and makes some deductions: https://blog.whitehatsec.com/north-koreas-naenara-web-browser-its-weirder-than-we-thought/

... you know, in case you care.

Razgovory

I wish I was smart enough to understand.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

The way I understand it, basically they treat the internet in their country as an intranet, so everybody connecting to stuff has to go through the same pipe (a proxy server) so they can control everything that goes through it. This slow downs stuff greatly and makes it vulnerable, but they aren't likely to give many fucks.

Monoriu

What's the difference between this and the Great Firewall of China?  :unsure:

Norgy

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on January 10, 2015, 03:46:04 AM
What's the difference between this and the Great Firewall of China?  :unsure:

Fewer chinks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2015, 06:24:52 PM
Some guy gets his hands on North Korea's Official Web Browser (apparently an old version of Firefox), and makes some deductions: https://blog.whitehatsec.com/north-koreas-naenara-web-browser-its-weirder-than-we-thought/

... you know, in case you care.

For a nation that is managing only 1,000 or so IP addresses, it looks like it makes perfect sense.