Main Menu

Hey Spaniards, is this true?

Started by Martinus, January 03, 2015, 04:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2015, 06:52:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2015, 04:54:21 PM
Amen.

Well besides the massive and devastating depression that dominated the last quarter of it.
And the pauperisation of millions that ushered it in. Or the attendant miseries of the urban poor.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Well besides the massive and devastating depression that dominated the last quarter of it.

Which leaves three quarters of a century of prosperity during a time of low taxes and small government.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2015, 07:28:08 PM

Which leaves three quarters of a century of prosperity during a time of low taxes and small government.

Eh not really much reason to tax back then unless you had large military needs.  But yeah it certainly worked for early industrialization.

The biggest way governments could fuck up things back then were protectionism and monopolies and other shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Did you read Ide's post, the one I responded to?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2015, 07:33:06 PM

Yes I did but you distracted me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2015, 07:28:08 PM

The whole century was boom and bust, the economy wildly fluctuating between rapid expansion and deep contraction, often with major bank faliures.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Which three quarters of the century are you referring to, Admiral Sachs?

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

That Ide dude is lumpen proletariat
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Norgy on January 04, 2015, 12:22:44 PM
Who brought back Franco? Oh, yeah, the PP. Well, bollocks to them.

I thought it was Sony.

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2015, 06:56:04 AM
Pop quiz: is the EU a failure?  I hate to say it, but it looks like it.

Does not look like it. Quite the contrary. A family is not a failure if one of the family members falls ill. We will see how we come out of this crisis - so far it has been rather good, with no defaults, coups or wars anywhere.