NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Weather permitting, I'm going to see the Bungles & Giants joint practice this afternoon and maybe tomorrow afternoon.  I've been in the VIP tent the past few practices but I think maybe I'll just go sit in the bleachers from now on.  Gets damned noisy under that tent with all the players' wives gabbing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Tyler Eifert is looking great in practice FWIW, but every time he catches the ball this year I'll hold my breath hoping he doesn't get injured.  If he stays healthy he could turn into a Gronk-style game-changer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Geno Smith is out 6-10 weeks because a team mate broke his jaw.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Wow.  I don't think any team is going full contact yet, nor are they wearing full pads.  On top of that, QBs are more protected than the President.  How does that happen?

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 11, 2015, 01:03:47 PM
Geno Smith is out 6-10 weeks because a team mate broke his jaw.
Some nobody LB who was instantly cut.

That's not how you make the team, sucker-punching the starting QB.  No matter how bad he is.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2015, 01:05:41 PM
Wow.  I don't think any team is going full contact yet, nor are they wearing full pads.  On top of that, QBs are more protected than the President.  How does that happen?
Sucker punch in the locker room.  Not a practice squabble at all.  The guy lost his damn mind.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Valmy

Dude should be happy all that happened was that he got cut.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

He has a great name, though: Ikemefuna Enemkpali.  Straight outta Key & Peele.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: Geno Smith talked some shit to the wrong dude?

E: I've seen some stuff saying Smith threw a punch and missed, then got taken out.  Could be BS, but something like this doesn't come out of nowhere. 

E2:  Now there are reports Geno Smith owed him some money and they got into it over that.  :hmm:

derspiess

Stopped by practice to see Eli get picked off in a scrimmage.  Then got called back to the office for an emergency :rolleyes:

MadBurgerMaker

Supposedly the amount owed in the Geno Smith vs backup LB thing was $600. 

J E T S JETS JETS JETS

alfred russel

Is Geno Smith out six to ten bad news for the Jets?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014