News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ed Anger, the school trip chaperone

Started by Caliga, December 22, 2014, 03:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I wonder if it is true. When I was in high school we had a person come in to talk to us about sexual health and the person said that we needed to be really careful about HIV: she was actually aware of 8 cases in our class. I went to a private school that only had ~130 people in my class, so that was a lot. The game the rest of the year was to guess which of the girls in the class had HIV. After I graduated I realized that was a complete BS story just to scare us.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Maybe she said probabilistically 8 of you already have HIV, and you misheard?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 09:32:47 AM
That'd be 6% of the class. Unless the class was primarily comprised of sub-saharan immigrants such a number would be highly unlikely.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Makes more sense than 8 actually having HIV and her blabbing it to the world.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 09:32:47 AM

Nope. It wasn't just me that heard that.

QuoteMakes more sense than 8 actually having HIV and her blabbing it to the world.

She made it up. I'm now a bit out of high school, and I haven't heard of anyone from our class having HIV related illnesses, and quite a few of the people we felt were the most likely suspects are married with kids.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

If you're reading this post, you might have HIV.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: alfred russel on December 24, 2014, 09:07:57 AM
I wonder if it is true. When I was in high school we had a person come in to talk to us about sexual health and the person said that we needed to be really careful about HIV: she was actually aware of 8 cases in our class. I went to a private school that only had ~130 people in my class, so that was a lot. The game the rest of the year was to guess which of the girls in the class had HIV. After I graduated I realized that was a complete BS story just to scare us.
What a bitch
██████
██████
██████