News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Xmas 2014 - The Languish Way.

Started by mongers, December 22, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Yay, I'm postint at 10:12pm on Christmas Eve. Yay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Did you get all the brats toys put together?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Set fire to the train set, did we?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 24, 2014, 10:22:27 PM
Set fire to the train set, did we?

Giant stuffed Pinkie Pie was ritually sacrificed.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 24, 2014, 09:26:37 PM
I know CDM does.  I'd think that dude would have a little more understanding. <_<

Meh, she feeds me and grossly overpays me to watch her house and dogs, so it's a push.

Syt

I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to spend Christmas with the family. I was always happy to work Christmas Eve (which is the Big Day re Xmas over here with fancy dinner and exchange of gifts), so that I'd only arrive in the late afternoon when all that was left to do was wait till dinner is ready and maybe play some PS2 with the kids.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

So far, the score count is:

Christmas Eve, I work 9-4.  The store closes early, ostensibly to give us time to do Christmas Eve with family/friends.  Except all of mine said "sorry, we're doing brunch/eating dinner too early for you to be a part of this."

Then when I get done work, my truck, with absolutely no warning whatsoever, decides it doesn't want to start.  Did I mention that I work 40 minutes from my house?  So my mom has to drive all the way down to the shore to pick me up, and on this rainy Christmas morning, my truck is sitting in the parking lot outside where I work, flying the universal flag of "disabled vehicle"- a white plastic shopping bag stuck in the driver's window.

My Christmas spirit is about as strong as Ide's right now.
Experience bij!

Admiral Yi

Depending on how many hours I book tomorrow, I figure I'll bank about 19 hours of overtime this week.  Next week looks to be similarly profitable.

Thanks Obama!

lustindarkness

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 25, 2014, 08:19:44 AM

Christmas Eve, I work 9-4.  The store closes early, ostensibly to give us time to do Christmas Eve with family/friends.  Except all of mine said "sorry, we're doing brunch/eating dinner too early for you to be a part of this."

Then when I get done work, my truck, with absolutely no warning whatsoever, decides it doesn't want to start.  Did I mention that I work 40 minutes from my house?  So my mom has to drive all the way down to the shore to pick me up, and on this rainy Christmas morning, my truck is sitting in the parking lot outside where I work, flying the universal flag of "disabled vehicle"- a white plastic shopping bag stuck in the driver's window.

Merry Christmas, may Baby Jesus get you a Toyota truck.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Yeah, getting a little tired of progressively shittier Christmases the last couple years. 
Next year, just hoping Santa doesnt drop cancer on me.  Keeping dropping those expectations.

Ideologue

Even less strong, I'd imagine.

I mean, I just had a normal day, marred by people either largely ignoring me, on one hand, or trying to make me feel guilty, on the other, which eventually backfired and just made me mad at getting bullied.

I'm sorry about your truck, man. :console:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

First Christmas with the cats. We were all spoiled.

Martinus

I don't get the "well, make amends, after all, they are family" attitude. Spend time with people you like - if they happen to be people whom you are related to by blood, great. If not, find other people.

dps

Makes me feel lucky that my car (well, my mom's, actually) died a week before Christmas Eve. 

Turned out it was just a dead battery.  Hope you get off that easily as well.