British Royal Guards withdrawn to safer positions to protect them from attacks

Started by Syt, December 29, 2014, 08:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on January 02, 2015, 12:18:44 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 09:32:30 PM
Thing is, all their First Responder vehicles are all Benzes, Beemers and Land Rovers.  Pretentious 1%ers.   :glare:
The Mercedes Sprinter in the picture is the most common transporter of that size in Europe. You can get it with a Freightliner badge in the US as well. Hardly pretentious, just the government buying the best available car.

Well I'll be.  I did not know that Daimler owned Freightliner.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Warspite

Quote from: mongers on December 30, 2014, 04:02:49 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 30, 2014, 03:57:55 PM
I didn't realise. I thought they were all either Household Cavalry or one of the Guards regiments :blush:

It seems a bit more complicated than my guestimate and in your defences it's a relatively recent event, having only changed in the last 15-20 years. 

Just found a whole wiki page explaining it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen's_Guard

I walk through Horse Guards (across the parade ground and through the arch) every day on my way to work; it's fun to watch the regiments cycle through so for example sometimes you have the full cuirass and helmet, and then the next week hussar dress, depending on which unit is on ceremonial duties.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2015, 12:21:56 PM
Quote from: Zanza on January 02, 2015, 12:18:44 PM
The Mercedes Sprinter in the picture is the most common transporter of that size in Europe. You can get it with a Freightliner badge in the US as well. Hardly pretentious, just the government buying the best available car.

You don't see Freightliners in Wall Street parking garages or rappers wearing Freightliner badges around their necks, though.   Pretentious! :mad:

In Amerika, government buys cheapest available car (that meets federal regulations for acquisitions, such rules on Green production, minority/women-owned small businesses, and availability from federal prison industries).