News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy fudge day, Americans

Started by Jos Theelen, June 16, 2009, 06:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jos Theelen

These are the special food days of June in the US, according to some website. Is this really true or just some joke?

June 1 National Hazelnut Cake Day
June 2 National Rocky Road Day
June 3 Donut Day (1st weekend in June)
June 3 National Chocolate Macaroon Day
June 5 National Gingerbread Day
June 6 National Applesauce Cake Day
June 7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
June 9 National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day
June 11 National German Chocolate Cake Day
June 12 National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
June 13 Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
June 14 National Strawberry Shortcake Day
June 16 National Fudge Day
June 17 National Apple Strudel Day
June 17 National Cherry Tart Day
June 21 National Peaches & Cream Day
June 22 National Chocolate Eclair Day
June 23 National Pecan Sandies Day
June 24 National Pralines Day
June 25 National Strawberry Parfait Day
June 26 National Chocolate Pudding Day
June 29 National Almond Buttercrunch Day

Ed Anger

QuoteJune 17 National Apple Strudel Day

Strudel? Amerika ist wunderbar!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Apparently I was born on Strawberry Parfait day.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jos Theelen

QuoteJune 17 National Cherry Tart Day

Non, monsieur. Le 17 June est le jour du cherry

Ed Anger

Just wait until JosT gets into the states and their state animals, rock songs, flowers and other stuff.

KRonn

Yes, those are real. Not any real significance to them except maybe for recognition or such. The US has days like that for recognition of many different things. We don't even really usually know about them or do much for them. Though I guess the industry or group involved makes some noise about it for sales or recognition.

Valmy

Is this some sort of concerted effort to get Americans to eat fattening food everyday and make us even fatter?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2009, 07:48:55 AM
Is this some sort of concerted effort to get Americans to eat fattening food everyday and make us even fatter?
Of course not.  The only people who actually know about these days are foreigners.  I assume it's a marketing ploy that worked to some Congressman's benefit, as he received bribe money for this silliness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2009, 06:50:33 AM
Just wait until JosT gets into the states and their state animals, rock songs, flowers and other stuff.

HAAAAAAAAANNNNNG ON SLOOPY, SLOOPY HANG ON!!!!!!!!
O!  H!  I! O!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DisturbedPervert

Only deserts on the list.  :x

I want national super burrito day.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2009, 08:42:34 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2009, 06:50:33 AM

HAAAAAAAAANNNNNG ON SLOOPY, SLOOPY HANG ON!!!!!!!!
O!  H!  I! O!

it is stuck in my head now.

garbon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 16, 2009, 08:57:15 AM
Only deserts on the list.  :x

You are a horrible person. I hope they don't let you back into the country.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 16, 2009, 08:39:23 AM
Of course not.  The only people who actually know about these days are foreigners.  I assume it's a marketing ploy that worked to some Congressman's benefit, as he received bribe money for this silliness.

As far as I know, our "silly" National days don't have official sanction, I think it is what kronn said, "the industry or group involved makes some noise about it for sales or recognition."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Is it black history month already?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on June 16, 2009, 03:31:53 PM
Is it black history month already?
No, June is the GLBT Pride Month.

Hence the Fudge Day.