News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, is this rape?

Started by Martinus, December 18, 2014, 03:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Yeah; which is probably in part why almost all the states have either repealed their rape laws in favor of sexual assault laws, or amended their rape laws to cover sexual assault.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Martinus on December 18, 2014, 07:00:39 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 18, 2014, 05:23:25 AM
Like having sex with someone who is pretending to be interesting but is actually boring.......which makes 90% of sex rape  :hmm:

I don't think this is a valid comparison, to be honest...

I think we have to go with consent, the fan did not consent to sex with the midget so she was raped.

If it ever went to court then the judge might well choose to be lenient with his sentencing.

Caliga

The title of this thread got "Is this love?" by Whitesnake stuck in my head.  THANKS MART. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Yep it is.

Quote"Rape" has traditionally been defined as the use of force or the threat of force to obtain sex.  Clearly that doesn't apply here.  Calling something like this "rape", I think, is kind of an insult to anyone who has been forcibly raped.
Consent's always been part of it though it wasn't just the use of force. Rape was having sex with a woman forcibly and against her will.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

In 2014 rape.
In 1970 not rape.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

I'm pretty sure "consent" applies only to the person you agreed to have sex with :rolleyes:

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on December 18, 2014, 09:03:59 AM
I'm pretty sure "consent" applies only to the person you agreed to have sex with :rolleyes:

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on December 18, 2014, 09:03:59 AM

It seems some of the Languish men think a woman's consent is like an open buffet...

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 18, 2014, 07:17:51 AM
Yeah; which is probably in part why almost all the states have either repealed their rape laws in favor of sexual assault laws, or amended their rape laws to cover sexual assault.

I guess it is a fair point, but I would say likewise that in casual modern language "rape" is often used to describe any sexual assault which actually involves vaginal, anal or oral penetration.

derspiess

Can't believe the m-word is being thrown around here by folks who ought to be sensitive enough.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Incidentally, Polish law defines "rape rape" as "causing another person to participate in sexual congress through the use of force, threat or deceit."

If there is no sexual congress but "other sexual act", then it is a sexual assault.

So the conduct of the midget would clearly be "rape rape" under Polish law, with Mencia being an accessory.

Other forms of sexual crimes are sex with a minor, sex with an incapacitated person, or the victim is induced to have sex because of the authority of the perp.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2014, 09:26:03 AM
Can't believe the m-word is being thrown around here by folks who ought to be sensitive enough.

I don't think words hurt people. Unlike rape. So go fuck yourself.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 18, 2014, 09:29:20 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2014, 09:26:03 AM

I don't think words hurt people.

:hmm:

Marti's problem in a nutshell?

grumbler

She was certainly sexually assaulted.  Whether the midget raped her depends on his mindset, not hers.  If he thought she was willingly engaging in sex with him, he wasn't raping her.  If he engaged in sex with her knowing that she hadn't consented to sex with him, then he did rape her.  I don't think that there can be a rape victim without a rape perpetrator, though I may be legally wrong on that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!