32 years of living in the West and this is what I get?  :D
humans were created in their own image

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 15, 2009, 10:16:03 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2009, 09:40:56 PM
No business account?

:lmfao:

Indeed.  <_<

Government these days is paranoid about seeming "wasteful".  So things that would be quite common in a private business are absolutely forbidden.  At thie conference one of the speakers was given a gift card as thanks for talking.  He mentioned he used to get liquor store gift certificates, but then somebody in government said "no way".  The money didn't change, but heaven forbid the government spend money on booze...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on July 15, 2009, 04:27:30 PM
At this conference one of the speakers was given a gift card as thanks for talking.  He mentioned he used to get liquor store gift certificates, but then somebody in government said "no way".  The money didn't change, but heaven forbid the government spend money on booze...

Reminds me of a joke Chief Justice McEchern used to make after giving a speech.

"I thank you for your kind gift of appreciation but as you know, as a Judge, I am not able to accept any gifts and so I will store this in my house until the owner comes to retrieve it."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Tonitrus

No business account?

Indeed.  <_<

Government these days is paranoid about seeming "wasteful".  So things that would be quite common in a private business are absolutely forbidden.  At thie conference one of the speakers was given a gift card as thanks for talking.  He mentioned he used to get liquor store gift certificates, but then somebody in government said "no way".  The money didn't change, but heaven forbid the government spend money on booze...

Our ingenious system has what is known as the GTC (Government Travel Card), which we are required to use for approved travel expenses.  However, it is in our name(thus, our credit history).  So, if we run up vast amounts in airline/hotel bills, and our finance office does an "oopsie" and fails to pay us on time (this happens all the time), we are still required to pay.  So, if you have a broke lower enlisted, he fails to get compensated in a timely manner, and his personal credit gets trashed...all thanks to Uncle Sam.  :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 16, 2009, 06:59:53 PM
No business account?

Indeed.  <_<

Our ingenious system has what is known as the GTC (Government Travel Card), which we are required to use for approved travel expenses.  However, it is in our name(thus, our credit history).  So, if we run up vast amounts in airline/hotel bills, and our finance office does an "oopsie" and fails to pay us on time (this happens all the time), we are still required to pay.  So, if you have a broke lower enlisted, he fails to get compensated in a timely manner, and his personal credit gets trashed...all thanks to Uncle Sam.  :rolleyes:

greyhound is your friend.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 07:03:20 PM

greyhound is your friend.

I would have to take Greyhound through Canada(if such a route even exists), and I'd rather not lose my head.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 16, 2009, 06:04:13 PM
Are you: Ready?

50-60 Crown Attorneys have been unleashed on the London bar scene tonight.

I am not one of them.  I must marshall my resources for tomorrow.  :menace:

Plus I was up 'till 2:30 last night drinking.  Being put in a room with 3 young Crowns from Newmarket has been fun, but somewhat exhausting.

So yeah, I'll be there tomorrow.  :yeah:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on July 16, 2009, 10:42:09 PM
.  Being put in a room with 3 young Crowns from Newmarket has been fun, but somewhat exhausting.

I think Martinus hacked your account.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 17, 2009, 12:11:44 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 16, 2009, 10:42:09 PM
.  Being put in a room with 3 young Crowns from Newmarket has been fun, but somewhat exhausting.

I think Martinus hacked your account.

<_<

saskganesh

according to television crime dramas, they were probably all hot babes.

did you get to share some DNA Beeb?
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Hi!

See you guys there.

For the rest of Languish, see you guys Sunday.