NFL Week 15: As messy as Week 14...and Week 13.

Started by sbr, December 12, 2014, 01:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

CountDeMoney

QuoteNFL Point Spreads For Week 15

Date & Time    Favorite    Spread    Underdog
12/14 1:00 ET    At Kansas City    -10    Oakland
12/14 1:00 ET    At Baltimore    -13.5    Jacksonville
12/14 1:00 ET    Pittsburgh    -2    At Atlanta
12/14 1:00 ET    At Indianapolis    -6.5    Houston
12/14 1:00 ET    At Cleveland    -1    Cincinnati
12/14 1:00 ET    At New England    -7.5    Miami
12/14 1:00 ET    At Carolina    -3    Tampa Bay
12/14 1:00 ET    At NY Giants    -6.5    Washington
12/14 1:00 ET    Green Bay    -5    At Buffalo
12/14 4:25 ET    At Detroit    -8    Minnesota
12/14 4:05 ET    NY Jets    -2.5    At Tennessee
12/14 4:05 ET    Denver    -4    At San Diego
12/14 4:25 ET    At Seattle    -10    San Francisco
12/14 8:30 ET    At Philadephia    -3.5    Dallas

Monday Night Football Point Spread

12/15 8:30 ET    New Orleans    -3    At Chicago

thanks for the reminder, sbr.  Cards 12, Rams half as much.

Neil

That KC-Oakland spread is pretty bold.  Sure, it's the Raiders, but it's divisional, even if it's at Arrowhead.  And the only time the Raiders can play properly is when they're playing meaningless games for pride.

The Baltimore-Jacksonville one I don't mind as much, because the Jags are really bad.  One thing that the Ravens used to do that drove me berserk was to play down to competition, which led to some pretty embarrassing losses against bad teams like Jacksonville and Seattle.  Harbaugh has really cleaned that up over time, so now when the Ravens face a bad team, they beat them up for three quarters.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Fivethirtyeight seems to be projecting the AFC North to send three teams to the playoffs.  I can see Cincinnati maybe finishing 9-6-1, but I'm not too hopeful that the right teams will lose to give them the 6th spot.  I'd take it, though.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 12, 2014, 08:54:24 AM
One thing that the Ravens used to do that drove me berserk was to play down to competition, which led to some pretty embarrassing losses against bad teams like Jacksonville and Seattle.  Harbaugh has really cleaned that up over time, so now when the Ravens face a bad team, they beat them up for three quarters.

That's the Steelers' thing now.  Which I guess is why they're only favored by 2 in Atlanta.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oh and against my better judgment I'm going to the game in Cleveland this weekend.  With their last home game of the season and Manziel's first start, the stadium will be packed with delusional fans.

CountDeMoney

LOL, delusion: destroyed

Ravens tried their best to stay out of the playoffs, but Jacksonville simply wouldn't cooperate.  8 sacks, but two more body bags in the secondary.  I understand Ravens scouting personnel will be cruising bus stops this week for DBs.

People need to know that Buffalo is not a team to fuck with in December...and WTF has happened to the Dolphins in two weeks? 

Stupid Falcons.  Stupid Steelheads.

Neil

I'm more worried about Denver.  If they don't put away the filthy, worthless Chargers, I will be disappointed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Fitz broke his ankle.  Savage took a shot to the knee and will be having an MRI.  The Texans may be down to #4, Thad Lewis, plus whatever FA(s?) they can sign to back him up. 

Neil

While I sympathize with the Texans, I'm glad that they won't have an experienced QB to shred the Home Depot employees that will be manning the Ravens' secondary next week, but rather an inexperienced guy who will get wrecked by the pass rush.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2014, 05:30:06 PM
People need to know that Buffalo is not a team to fuck with in December...and WTF has happened to the Dolphins in two weeks? 

Joe Philbin == Norv Turner

Neil

One thing I really enjoyed was the Bengals destruction of the Browns.  Maybe I won't ever have to hear about Manziel again.

CountDeMoney

LOL, Tony "Are those footsteps behind *BLAM*" Romo.

derspiess

Cleveland fans were making that stupid-ass Manziel money gesture well into the 3rd quarter. They finally gave up in the 4th.  Also fun to see the defense talking shit back to the fans during that long final offensive drive.

Near perfect game. Dalton was crap for a while but if they can figure out a way to run the ball like that more it won't matter.

sbr

Cardinals are in the playoffs baby. :cheers:  Of course they will lose in their first game.