Main Menu

End of the road for Pirate Bay ?

Started by Josephus, December 09, 2014, 05:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2014, 06:55:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2014, 04:04:57 PM
It's not stealing.  I pay for Netflix.

It's circumventing the lawful regulatory scheme through deception is what it is.

It's chaotic neutral.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on December 12, 2014, 07:01:37 PM
If netflix really cared they would put in place tougher restrictions.
As things are I discovered that netflix accounts weren't linked to countries entirely by accident when I tried accessing with my proxy on and was confused to discover different programmes.
Its a legal grey zone, not illegal imo.

I'm ok with it, most people are but it's a moral grey zone in which in BB usually side on the white side, not the black.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

As things are I discovered that netflix accounts weren't linked to countries entirely by accident when I tried accessing with my proxy on and was confused to discover different programmes.

What a stupid thing to say.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Solmyr on December 10, 2014, 01:12:53 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 10, 2014, 02:11:15 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/popular-torrent-sharing-website-the-pirate-bay-returns-online-after-police-raids-in-sweden/story-e6frf7jo-1227151073054?nk=8894c35ae2175477ccc1693b527df95d

QuotePOPULAR torrent-sharing websites including The Pirate Bay were temporarily taken offline after Swedish police raided a Stockholm property on Tuesday.

The Pirate Bay has now reappeared online with a Costa Rica web address.  :yeah:

Apparently fake.

Is fake.  Apparently, that one both generates phony listings for torrents and tries to coerce users into paying.

However, the folks that resurrected IsoHunt seem to have brought a searchable mirror back up here: http://oldpiratebay.org/

Incidentally, they're downplaying the fact that new content is being added to their archive there.  I think they're seeing how long they can fly under the radar by claiming that it's a historical mirror.
Experience bij!

celedhring

Netflix isn't allowed to serve a given content to countries in which it hasn't a deal with the rights owners.