US responsible for two-thirds of all military conflicts

Started by Syt, November 28, 2014, 03:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: dps on November 29, 2014, 01:12:56 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 28, 2014, 05:09:47 PM
Isn't it time that we did accept responsibility for our failure to impose our rule over all the Earth in 1945, though?

So you think Patton was right?

By 1945 the Soviet Union had done pretty much all of the good it was going to do in pressing the Western democracies into reform.  And it would have been the Boomers who had navigate the initial horrors of the post-Communist world, instead of us.  Win-win for me.

In addition, MacArthur, despite being wrong about practically every single thing he ever did (at least, in a strategic sense), was also right about crossing the Yalu.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Today I learned that Kinshasa has never recorded a temperature >100F. Surprising.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 29, 2014, 09:06:34 AM
Today I learned that Kinshasa has never recorded a temperature >100F. Surprising.

Surprising? African record-keeping isn't exactly stellar.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on November 28, 2014, 03:59:14 AM
There is a Russian joke (which admittedly, sounds much better in Russian due to there being a word play): "What is it: a little bit funny and a little bit scary?" "Fucking a tiger".

It kinda describes Russian politics as well...

Soviet joke about soviet economy:

"They pretend to pay us, and we pretend to work."

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"