News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bill Cosby sex abuse scandal

Started by Caliga, November 24, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.vulture.com/2015/07/bill-cosby-wants-his-hush-money-back.html?mid=facebook_nymag

QuoteEstablished Awful Person Bill Cosby Wants His Hush Money Back

Bill Cosby is now asking a court for "sanctions" against Andrea Constand because she and her lawyers "are intent on reneging on what they promised — confidentiality and finality," reports the New York Daily News. Constand originally filed a civil suit against Cosby in 2005 after the Pennsylvania D.A. declined to pursue criminal charges. While they eventually settled in an undisclosed agreement, court documents obtained by the AP earlier this July contain an admission from Cosby that he had sex with women after giving them quaaludes. Cosby accuses Constand and her lawyers of helping the New York Times obtain the full deposition, thus resulting in a "colossal breach" of their confidentiality agreement. As a result, Constand may have to "disgorge some or all of the money paid to her by defendant as part of the settlement."

In the filing, Cosby also refers to quaaludes as "disco biscuits" and argues that the extramarital affairs and drugs were just a part of the times. "There are countless tales of celebrities, music stars and wealthy socialites in the 1970s willingly using Quaaludes for recreational purposes and during consensual sex," the filing states. The lawyer for Therese Serignese, who was a Jane Doe in Constand's original suit, said, "It's laughable that the Cosby team is going to rely on the 'sex, drugs and rock and roll' defense as a response to the abuse allegations of the women."

In other news, the California Supreme Court ruled that Judy Huth and Gloria Allred's civil suit alleging Cosby sexually assaulted Huth when she was a 15-year-old girl at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 can move ahead.

1.: If true that he wants his money back: not helping your public standing here, Bill.
2.: Why is a 15 year old girl at the Playboy Mansion? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2015, 09:29:09 AM
2.: Why is a 15 year old girl at the Playboy Mansion? :unsure:
it was the 70s.  Sex, drugs, and minors too, apparently.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Savonarola

And now for an alternative point of view:

QuoteKaukab Siddique, a 72-year-old tenured professor at taxpayer-funded Lincoln University in Pennsylvania, has posted anti-Semitic, anti-Israel, anti-gay and anti-woman comments on his Facebook page that are so offensive that his employer has distanced itself from them, The Daily Beast reports.

Siddique was criticized in 2010 for publicly denying the Holocaust, the Daily Beast noted, and most recently has given his opinion of the women who have accused comedian Bill Cosby of sexual assault.

He wrote that he is not surprised by the Cosby allegations since, "Most non-Muslims behave like he did and he also had lots of money. ... What I can't understand is why it took so long for the violated women to come out against him."

He offered five suggestions, including that Cosby "paid them off," "Many women are sluts," "American women are slaves of rich men," "Random sex is quite acceptable in America," and "They don't have families like Muslims do who would take revenge for rape."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Kaukab-Siddique-tenured-professor-anti-Semitic/2015/07/22/id/658484/
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

What is he professor of?

Quote"Don't be scared of these dirty Jewish Zionist White Supremacist thugs."

Easier said than done. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on July 24, 2015, 12:12:24 PM
And now for an alternative point of view:

It is good there is still room for diversity in modern Academia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

QuoteIn his 2010 post, he called on people "to defeat, to destroy, to dismantle Israel, if possible by peaceful means."

:lol:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2015, 12:40:09 PM
Seems rather arbitrary.  If a crime is heinous enough, why have a statute of limitations at all?

Like that Auschwitz prison guard that just got sentenced to 4 years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Does he ever sexually harass black women?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Is that Weird Al, second row, third from left? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.