News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Speakers

Started by Josquius, November 26, 2014, 01:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm not going to be bringing my amp and speakers (in a past life they lived in a pub) over from the UK so I'm needing to buy something new to get sound out of my computer.
I was thinking that I was going to buy a new stereo here. But....it turns out for some odd reason I have 35% off logitech products and some of their big beasty surround sound systems look rather nice. Like more light weight and modern versions of my home system....

Anyone got any experience with the advanced logitech models? Much good?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on November 26, 2014, 01:55:29 PM
I'm not going to be bringing my amp and speakers (in a past life they lived in a pub) over from the UK so I'm needing to buy something new to get sound out of my computer.
I was thinking that I was going to buy a new stereo here. But....it turns out for some odd reason I have 35% off logitech products and some of their big beasty surround sound systems look rather nice. Like more light weight and modern versions of my home system....

Anyone got any experience with the advanced logitech models? Much good?
I have an older speaker kit from Logitech, advanced at the time, probably not so much anymore (10+ years).
It's great for gaming, not so great for music & movies compared to my home theater, I find it lacks deep bass, mostly, no matter how you tweak it, it never feels right for rock&metal music, or for action movies.
But speech is clear, and sound effects in games are great.

If you're talking sound card, then I have the Recon3D wich I really like, altough the special features are mostly useless as not really supported by most games and require headphones to really feel it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Its these beasts I'm looking at:

http://www.logitech.com/fr-ch/product/speaker-system-z906?crid=47

Probably OK but I'm unsure whether a stereo would be better :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on November 27, 2014, 01:58:08 PM
Its these beasts I'm looking at:

http://www.logitech.com/fr-ch/product/speaker-system-z906?crid=47

Probably OK but I'm unsure whether a stereo would be better :hmm:
it depends on what you expect them to do.

For games, that's gonna be great.

For movies/TV you watch on your computer, a real AV receiver with real, big speakers will be better.  So long as you got the space.  If you are in an appartment/condo, than this kit is sufficient for movies.
Though honestly, for gaming, I wouldn't pay 600$ for computer speakers, I would aim for half that price at most.  I don't think many games use THX for their sound, anyway.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.