Windows 8, we hardly knew ya...

Started by viper37, November 04, 2014, 01:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

He can spend his grant money however he likes, and do what he wants with the shit he buys with it.  Those are his computers, not ours. 

E:  Well probably not entirely however he likes.  Strippers and blow might be frowned upon.

DontSayBanana

Sigh.  This is why I'm avoiding the information systems concentration in my major.  I can't deal with the stupid things people do to their computers.
Experience bij!

MadBurgerMaker

Meh, putting a different OS on a machine isn't that big of a deal (this Dr. isn't the only one to do this either, the others are limited to just one or maybe two computers).  He also has a couple of Linuxmacs floating around too unless he has reimaged those in the last two-three months.  He might have just been messing with those for fun though. 

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 08, 2014, 09:26:48 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 07, 2014, 11:02:50 AM
The people here that actually use 8 and 8.1 (we've "retired" the 8 image, but it's still on a few machines out there) seem to be generally fine with it once they get used to it, like every other OS, although one of the techs lost his damn mind during the XP upgrades and moved a 70 year old professor from XP all the way to 8 (this was pre 8.1) and didn't tell him anything about it.  So that one was fucked up.

E:  One of the guys with a bunch of labs and computers here has an odd tendency to buy Macs then completely wipe them and put 8.1 on them.  He's got like 25 or 30 of the damn things, so he is definitely a fan of both Apple aesthetics and 8, which is an interesting combination.

Why would your org continue letting him blow all that money on macs and then let him wipe out OSX?  That seems kind like buying a whole bunch of Kit Kats just to use the wrapper for Nestle Crunch. :blink:

Has this guy never heard of Boot Camp?
People want Macs. But they want the power of Windows.  Don't try to make sense of it, because they don't care for your logic.
PDH!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████