"Whatever Happened to Overtime?", a piece written by a Job Creator

Started by CountDeMoney, November 19, 2014, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2014, 01:40:29 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 19, 2014, 10:51:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2014, 10:48:49 PM
No, I don't feel that way. #sorrynotsorry

He's not talking to you or Lemonjello, even if you do still have to work for a living.

Is garbon super-rich?  :hmm:

He's rich enough to vote Republican. Also, under 30 and climbing. If he's not affluent now, he will be.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Yes, garbon truly bucks the demo, bless his gay minority heart.  I'm sure there's a few cases of Jews voting for the NDSAP, too.

"Yeah, they're antisemitic...but they're big on defense spending, and foreign policy is important to me."

Martim Silva

Soooo..

The rich use their disproportionate economic power to ensure that the middle class gets poorer and poorer and they get richer and richer.

For more updates into this amazing new trend, read 'Das Kapital' (printed 1867).

It may come as a great novelty for Americans.

CountDeMoney

Americans have been conditioned for over a century to hate all things red even at their own expense, Martim, so tossing around Das Kapital isn't going to work. The fact you are ignorant on that matter is the real novelty.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2014, 09:24:38 AM
Americans have been conditioned for over a century to hate all things red even at their own expense, Martim, so tossing around Das Kapital isn't going to work. The fact you are ignorant on that matter is the real novelty.

The best lie of the rich - convincing everybody that inflation is a bad thing. ;)

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 20, 2014, 03:19:14 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2014, 01:40:29 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 19, 2014, 10:51:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2014, 10:48:49 PM
No, I don't feel that way. #sorrynotsorry

He's not talking to you or Lemonjello, even if you do still have to work for a living.

Is garbon super-rich?  :hmm:

He's rich enough to vote Republican. Also, under 30 and climbing. If he's not affluent now, he will be.

That's a very rosy and optimistic view of my life trajectory. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2014, 09:19:13 AM
Yes, garbon truly bucks the demo, bless his gay minority heart.  I'm sure there's a few cases of Jews voting for the NDSAP, too.

"Yeah, they're antisemitic...but they're big on defense spending, and foreign policy is important to me."

It is about balance, darling. We get dreadful results when any one party has too much power.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martim Silva on November 20, 2014, 09:20:28 AM
Soooo..

The rich use their disproportionate economic power to ensure that the middle class gets poorer and poorer and they get richer and richer.

For more updates into this amazing new trend, read 'Das Kapital' (printed 1867).

It may come as a great novelty for Americans.

Thanks Martin.
Now using only the text of Das Kapital, please explain precisely the mechanism by which this happens.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

BTW on wealth accumulation, is wealth accumulated due to stocks held rising in value being counted in that? If yes, how big a portion that is? Because that's not "real" wealth. Honest question, I have no idea.

management being able to set their own wages while not being owners is indeed an idiotic trend.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2014, 09:59:57 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2014, 09:19:13 AM

It is about balance, darling. We get dreadful results when any one party has too much power.

I'm sure they appreciate your support, Token.  :P Remind them of that when they try to make you count the jelly beans in the jar to vote.

derspiess

Keep going, Seedy.  I think you've just about turned him Democrat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Save it for your anonymous hate mail in cut-out newspaper and magazine letters to Nancy Pelosi.

garbon