News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UbiSoft pulls new releases from Steam

Started by Syt, November 07, 2014, 07:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Isn't switching the protagonist sort of a fundamental theme of the Assassin's Creed games?

Razgovory

Far Cry 4 is back on Steam.  It's not bad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Yes, the flipflopping seems a bit weird. Maybe they decided to leave those on Steam because there were already pre-orders for them and decided to only apply this to titles further out?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 17, 2014, 03:40:24 PM
Apparently their latest game is also Royalist :bleeding:

My favourite bit, 'this denigration of the great Revolution is a smear campaign to instil more self-loathing and self-vilification in the French.' :wub:

That's the province of the left, specially the far-left, so I guess he's wary of competition.
Mélencon is a nobody nowadays, so he's probably ranting to get some media attention.
I don't know well the AC games though, but didn't they have (the) Byzantines as bad guys once?

celedhring

Quote from: Neil on November 09, 2014, 04:13:23 PM
Once a game company gets to a certain size, they like to make the idiotic decision of trying to make their own Steam.

Most media companies gave up on trying to capture the distributor's and retail's margin long ago, seems that lesson is still lost on videogame labels.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 20, 2014, 03:46:52 AM
That's the province of the left, specially the far-left, so I guess he's wary of competition.
Mélencon is a nobody nowadays, so he's probably ranting to get some media attention.
I don't know well the AC games though, but didn't they have (the) Byzantines as bad guys once?

AC: Revelations is the one you're thinking of, set in Constantinople- the remaining Byzantines are in the dark and neutral, if a little on the bribe-happy side, in that one- there's more of an emphasis on protecting the government from Templar influence.

Generally, the tone of AC isn't anti-government so much as the Assassins are weeding out Templar corruption within governments- it's just that in a couple of the titles, the Templars are so entrenched in the government that it basically turns into a coup d'etat.
Experience bij!