News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football manager 2015

Started by Josquius, November 15, 2014, 05:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

:lol:

I'm looking forward to a not so distant future in which Forest can buy a player for $122,000,000.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

You know one thing I really like in this game?
The end of season financials where it tells you weird little facts like which player has the most people buying a shirt with their name on.
It would be nice to see more things like this accessible more regularly. Adds some cool flavour.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Still playing same save, still at Leicester as survived takeover of club.
Since taking over team has finished
9th (runners up in FA cup so qualified for Europa League)
3rd
3rd
5th (Won the FA Cup)
5th
6th (Won the FA cup)
currently halfway through season sitting in 3rd 7 points behind 2nd place, but 7 points up on 4th place
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Norgy

My tenure at Portsmouth, which was going well even in League One, came to an abrupt halt when Nottingham Forest kicked out their second manager in one and a quarter of a season. I am guessing I might not last long either. 17 rounds played, and the team was just above relegation.
I got the job.
Player-wise, the team isn't hopeless, but morale was at rock bottom. Never mind, let's put the Norgy tactic to good use and get people happy again.
I had a few soft games and we won them and pulled away from the relegation zone. Britt Assambalonga is a beast and will score.

So far, the Forest men are unbeaten in five games, but I have a bunch of complainers. Not enough coaches, not enough this or that.

Anything below 10th place will mean I get: Sacked.

Josephus

Got hired as manager of Sunderland (from Toronto fC). year 2020. Goal to stave off relegation. With 10 games remaining I'm fourth...aiming for a Champions League spot :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Balls, just had a pretty good run of games and managed to offload two hangers on who I've been stuck with for a while...but then halfway through another game that was going well my game crashed :(
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Man, this squad is saddled with a lot of deadwood. :bleeding:

I won't be able to sign anyone at all unless I clear out at least 5-6 players. David Vaughan is high on that list along with Mikele Leighterwood. So. Many. Shitty. Signings.

Josquius

Is it just for me that the 'career achievments' screen doesn't seem to ever show anything?

My history at Sunderland:

14/15: At the end of the season narrowly scraped into 4th place in the league. Huzzah.
15/16: A more secure 4th place finish. And we manage to win the FA Cup.
16/17: Managed to make it to a 2nd place finish. We keep the FA Cup.  We also manage to win the CL. Huzzah.
17/18: We manage to win the league in the dying days of the season and keep the CL.
Also a fabled League Cup win is finally ours. Sure. There's been bigger achievements. But that's one we've missed- I think its that the players never give a shit that does it. Oddly however this year we lose the FA Cup.
18/19: FA Cup win. The Champions League is also ours again. And we win the league rather comfortably.
19/20: FA Cup win. A much more comfortable league win with Chelsea not putting in the amazing season they did in 18/19. Chelsea however win the CL with us going out in the semis to Bayern. Pah.

Minor competitions like the club world cup, super cup, charity shield, etc... are also picked up pretty easily.

The early seasons were tough with my good players always being spotted by Barcelona, Man City and the like and wanting to leave, but now they're quite content to stay by and large.

Edar Alvarez Balanta has been with me since the start and he is the shit.
Odegard and Castellano also soon began to show their worth in midfield with a regen Mexican named Lopez, Cerny and Jovic being decent forwards. We briefly experimented with Bayern's Serbian-Dutch guy but he wasn't very good so we sold him back to them.
Early seasons we played with a defensive midfielder in a sort of diamond formation but these days we tend to go with a mix of Chelsea style one up front and 3 attacking midfielders behind him, and a 4-4-2 which sometimes has one or both of the wingers pushed forward.

I also picked up a position as the Dutch manager at some point. It isn't very fun. Trinidad Valencia (who also plays for Sunderland) is the only decent player.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

International management is incredibly boring in FM.  :(

Josephus

Yeah I never bother accepting international offers.

Alcibiades

Champions league first knockout round, first leg.   Most frustrating game I've ever endured.   :ultra:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Bluebook

Starting a new manager with poor skill all around, except in motivation and management.  Going to take a third-league team from Sweden and see how far we can go

Josephus

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 07, 2015, 11:54:01 PM

Champions league first knockout round, first leg.   Most frustrating game I've ever endured.   :ultra:

Your players sucked...looked at the average.

Alcibiades

Well yeah they sucked, they shot 32 times and only 10 at the goal despite 18 corners, and gave up 4 goals off of 10 shots.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain