Who has your back if you and your spouse get wacked?

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 09, 2014, 02:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 09, 2014, 06:04:13 PM
I mailed him one.

:lol:

Well, anyway I think I'm going to ask my cousin to do it. My parents are so bad with money there's no way I can go that direction. Hell if my wife and I die right now my mom would be homeless.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Huh, funny thing.  I actually know exactly who would go after the guy if I got whacked.  I was told who would do it.  I'm fairly certain that person would do it as well, if they weren't in jail right now.  I guess he could do it when he gets out.  I never felt the need to set up another arrangement ( I was a bit surprised when I was told that I was so protected before).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

dps

Since we don't have any kids yet, we haven't worried too much about it.  We do have wills, but the money side of things isn't that big of a deal in our cases.  The biggest reason we even bothered wasn't the money, it was to make sure that certain family heirlooms go to the right people.

My mom probably needs to make some changes to her will, though.  It names her brother as executor.  That was fine 40 some years ago when she drew up her current will and my uncle lived about 35 miles away from her, but now he's nearly 90 and lives 2 states away.  And to top it off, my mom's finances are more complicated now than they were then.

Ed Anger

Ugh, family heirlooms. I know when my dad kicks off, I'm gonna hear from people I've never heard from in decades wanting stuff.

THEY AIN'T GETTING IT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

My wife and I have talked about it, but have not decided.   :Embarrass:

I know, I know - I'm a lawyer too.   :Embarrass:

We'd entrust the kids to either my brother and his wife, or one of my wife's sisters and their husband.  All would be acceptable, but none are ideal.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

I have no kids of my own, but I'm fairly sure that at least five different families have specified me as the recipient of their children if they croak. I try to take it as a complement.  :P

Valmy

My kids would live with my sister while they train to take vengeance on my killer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2014, 11:37:31 PM
My kids would live with my sister while they train to take vengeance on my killer.

What if you die of ebola?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 09, 2014, 11:47:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2014, 11:37:31 PM

What if you die of ebola?

I was operating under the assumption my wife and I were getting wacked.

If we die under other non-wacked circumstances the plan is the same without the vengeance training.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Martinus