NCAA Basketball 2014-2015 (This may help ease the pain)

Started by PDH, November 02, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2015, 03:42:18 PM
And it's been created.
trying to figure out how to send invites to all who didn't participate last year.
our pool ID# is 143319
pass word is Wyowho? :P

Looks like we only have 6 competitors so far.  We need more people so that my winning bracket will look more legit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2015, 10:05:29 AM
ESPN broke down every team's potential matchup against YEW KAYY:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2015/story/_/id/12505921/which-ncaa-tournament-teams-beat-kentucky-wildcats?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Hmmm. According to that write up, you guys are all pretty much counting on Arizona if you want any chance of a non-Kentucky winner.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Or Duke.  Because... they're Duke.  Oh, and Coack K.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Valmy

I am having Yahoo troubles. I will have to pick my bracket tonight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Fivethirtyeight gives UK a 41% chance of going all the way.  Which is still huge, but not quite the 50% chance Vegas seems to give them.

Admiral Yi

No takers at even money?  I don't charge any vig, so it's a huge savings over a  bookie.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Valmy

Sorry guys. I could neither get my old Yahoo account to work nor would it let me make a new one.

Have to sit this one out. I usually do crappy anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Northeastern is leading Notre Dame after 9 minutes! OMG UPSET ALERT!!!11 All your brackets will soon be trashed.

Meanwhile SMU Coach Larry Brown goes all Lou Holtz about Yew Kay: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2015/story/_/id/12512765/smu-mustangs-coach-larry-brown-says-kentucky-wildcats-good-enough-nba-playoff-team

Admiral Yi

What is Larry Brown doing at SMU anyway?  Was he caught with his hand in the cookie jar?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2015, 11:30:34 AM
Sorry guys. I could neither get my old Yahoo account to work nor would it let me make a new one.

Have to sit this one out. I usually do crappy anyway.

DAMN YOU

Heading to B-dubs, taking rest of day plus tomorrow.