And we're back!

Main Menu

Putin to Western elites: Play-time is over

Started by Jacob, October 30, 2014, 11:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2014, 02:48:10 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 30, 2014, 11:43:06 PM
Lol. If he really believes that then let him come. NATO will wreck him.
Quote2. All systems of global collective security now lie in ruins. There are no longer any international security guarantees at all. And the entity that destroyed them has a name: The United States of America.
I dont want to dance in an atomic garden
Not going to happen even if war breaks out. This isn't 1985
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on October 31, 2014, 02:56:56 AM
Why should we give a shit about his grandstanding?

Because it's kind of funny?

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 31, 2014, 10:53:18 AM
Quote2. All systems of global collective security now lie in ruins. There are no longer any international security guarantees at all. And the entity that destroyed them has a name: The United States of America.

So putin would be happy to just let the west crush russia?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

Its not ideological this time. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

Crush Russia? It'd be a bigger version of Desert Storm where the invaders are destroyed along with units near the border. There's going to be no deep offensives into Russia to topple the regime.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Tyr, dust off those dancing shoes:

http://rt.com/news/russia-test-fire-icbm-825/

QuoteThe Russian military has successfully performed a scheduled test launch of the RS-12M Topol intercontinental ballistic missile, the country's Defense Ministry said.

The launch of the intercontinental three-stage ballistic missile (ICBM) was carried out from Kapustin Yar testing ground in the Astrakhan region. The dummy warhead hit its target at a test ground in Kazakhstan, Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Yegorov told RIA Novosti.

"The aim was to test an advanced battle equipment for the intercontinental ballistic missiles," the ministry stated.

Russia informed the United States ahead of the ICBM test - and even before the latest Russian military moves in Crimea - a US official told Reuters.

The White House confirmed that the launch was "routine" and that the United States had advanced notice. Such prior notification is required under the nuclear arms treaty between the two nations.

Since 2007, Topol has been repeatedly tested in order to allow for the extension of its current service life, which was recently extended to 25 years. Its initial service life was only 10 years.

In 1998, RS-12M Topol became the first Soviet mobile ICBM to be successfully entered into service.

Defense Ministry stressed that Kapustin Yar range is "a unique" facility for testing battle equipment for intercontinental ballistic missiles.

"Only it provided the test routes and the polygon measuring complex, which allows testing [of] advanced battle equipment capable of bypassing the anti-missile systems, including those with advanced configuration," the ministry said.