News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hunt murder by gyrocopter

Started by Brazen, March 10, 2009, 06:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

QuoteMurder probe after aircraft death

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a hunt supporter died when he was hit by a gyrocopter at an airfield.

Trevor Morse, from Alderminster, Warwickshire, died at the scene of the incident at Long Marston airfield near Stratford-upon-Avon.

Sam Butler, of the Warwickshire Hunt, said a gyrocopter had recently been following hunts in the area.

He said hunting was Mr Morse's life and everyone was "completely shocked".

"No higher quality of person could you find than Trevor," said Mr Butler, a family friend and joint master of the hunt.

"First and foremost he was the most wonderful son and brother and the most dedicated and loving partner of Caroline and we feel very, very, very deep sympathy for him and them today.

"Everybody was just completely shocked and can't believe that we have lost such a good friend."

Mr Butler said it was a "tragic but fatal accident", but he did not know why an aircraft had been in the area over the last few weeks.

It is thought the gyrocopter, a privately-owned aircraft similar to a small helicopter, had landed at the airfield to refuel.

Gyrocopters are known to take off and land very slowly and it is thought the victim was walking when the collision occurred.

No one else was injured in the incident, an ambulance spokesman said.

Det Ch Insp Adrian McGee, of Warwickshire Police, said at the airfield on Monday: "We will be conducting a thorough investigation into the circumstances to establish exactly what happened here."

West Midlands Ambulance Service said crews were called to the airfield on Campden Road, Lower Quinton, at about 1500 GMT on Monday.

A spokeswoman said: "Crews immediately assessed the pedestrian, a man, but unfortunately nothing could be done to save him and he was confirmed dead at the scene."

The Health and Safety Executive and the Air Accident Investigation Branch have both been informed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7933734.stm

What a way to go. They don't call it a chopper for nothing.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Why bother?  We already know exactly what happened.  The animal rights lunatics and class warriors decided to murder, because that's what they do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Brazen

Quote from: Neil on March 10, 2009, 09:29:02 AM
Why bother?  We already know exactly what happened.  The animal rights lunatics and class warriors decided to murder, because that's what they do.
Yup, they kill and injure people because they respect life so much.

Neil

Quote from: Brazen on March 10, 2009, 09:34:06 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 10, 2009, 09:29:02 AM
Yup, they kill and injure people because they respect life so much.
Only animal life.  Humans are apparently unnatural, and so deserve neither life nor respect, unless they buy into the animal rights class warrior ethos.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

QuoteA spokeswoman said: "Crews immediately assessed the pedestrian, a man, but unfortunately nothing could be done to save him and he was confirmed dead at the scene."

I wonder how long it took them to assess the pedestrian to find out he was a man? Too bad they didn't start with his injuries first.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

grumbler

Sounds to me like Colonel Blimp ran up to the gyrocopter to piss and moan about it spoiling the beauty of ripping foxes to pieces while alive, didn't know what it was, and walked into the prop.

The only loss here, insofar as I can see, is that the gyrocopter pilot apparently survived. We need an exchange rate that kills the world's last horsey person in the same instant that the last animal rights nutter dies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Brazen

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2009, 11:34:56 AM
Sounds to me like Colonel Blimp ran up to the gyrocopter to piss and moan about it spoiling the beauty of ripping foxes to pieces while alive, didn't know what it was, and walked into the prop.
Though this sounds like the most obvious answer, it's unlikely there would have been two arrests for murder were it the case.

Lucidor

Quote from: Strix on March 10, 2009, 10:32:42 AM
QuoteA spokeswoman said: "Crews immediately assessed the pedestrian, a man, but unfortunately nothing could be done to save him and he was confirmed dead at the scene."

I wonder how long it took them to assess the pedestrian to find out he was a man? Too bad they didn't start with his injuries first.
:)

Obviously, they were in on the plot of only giving proper medical care to men some people rave about, but regrettably that failed here.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Scipio on March 10, 2009, 06:35:21 AM
Lamest homicide ever.

A gyrocopter was involved though! For that reason alone it can't be the lamest.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2009, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: Scipio on March 10, 2009, 06:35:21 AM
Lamest homicide ever.

A gyrocopter was involved though! For that reason alone it can't be the lamest.

And you proved his point.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom