Have a heart-to-heart with your past self
10 (25.6%)
Some kind of money-making scheme
12 (30.8%)
Just be an "observer", like a wimp
2 (5.1%)
Avoid using time travel, like an even bigger wimp
1 (2.6%)
Screw the past, I'm going to the future!
6 (15.4%)
Convince Jaron's mom to have an abortion
1 (2.6%)
Something completely different
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2014, 01:12:03 PM
But the flip side of that argument is, if you did the Apple or Microsoft play instead, you would be paying someone a fraction of what you know the true value of their shares to be.

That's not quite true, since the actions that cause the share prices to rise haven't been taken yet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2014, 01:51:21 PM
That's not quite true, since the actions that cause the share prices to rise haven't been taken yet.

Now that's what I call philosophizing.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 04, 2014, 01:04:08 PM
You're an insider of the present, with insider knowledge of their ongoing fraud during the hypothetical money-making period.  Perhaps it ought to be more expected for someone such as yourself to say "I wish I could go back in time and blow the whistle on Bre-X," even while indulging in the "tell 1992 me to buy e.g. Microsoft stock" fantasy.

Don't worry, when CNBC does the profile on "Unknown Investor buys Bre-X for pennies and sells all at the height" for countless millions just before the stock goes bust for fraud, the federal investigators will be asking him some questions.

He better keep the returns modest and not go for the Warren Buffet levels.  :P

QuoteBetting the spread on every NFL championship and Super Bowl from 1960 would be a lot easier and guilt-free.  Hell, betting it all on Namath would put a hell of a dent in organized crime.  And you'd let Yi sleep better at night doing it that way than fucking over Faceless Megacorporation, Inc.

CdM wants to be Biff Tannen.  :(

Sheilbh

I'm assuming the historical figure will just agree? It seems a wasted to trip to go back in time to awkwardly hit on Antinous.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Being unable to speak German seems to torpedo my chances with Empress Elizabeth
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Is this time travel method confirmed to be paradox free?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Brain would go back for Catherine's horse.

ONE CLOP FOR YES
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2014, 07:29:32 PM

Go back earlier than her time and learn the language.  :P

Playing to my strengths in the time-travelling boning game, there was a legendary courtesan back at the French Belle Epoque, La Belle Otero, who hailed from my region, and was apparently the shit at the courtesan leagues. So, brushing up my French and befriending her I could see myself mingling in Paris during the late XIXth, early XXth centuries, hanging around with the Folies Bergère dancers, downing absinthe with the impressionists, mingling in the pre WWI spy games, witnessing the arrival of modernity...interesting times!
If I wanted to make a killing financially during these times I guess that I could always buy paintings from the impoverished impressionists and post-impressionists for peanuts, or join forces with a Gulbenkian kind of guy, exploiting turn of the century geopolitics to my advantage.  :ph34r:

Ed Anger

I'd go back and jack off into the primordial ooze.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2014, 07:29:32 PM

Wir können dich mit das helfen. :contract:
Experience bij!

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2014, 09:27:14 PM
I'd go back and jack off into the primordial ooze.

You'd still end up with fewer kids.

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 04, 2014, 01:04:08 PM
You're an insider of the present, with insider knowledge of their ongoing fraud during the hypothetical money-making period.  Perhaps it ought to be more expected for someone such as yourself to say "I wish I could go back in time and blow the whistle on Bre-X," even while indulging in the "tell 1992 me to buy e.g. Microsoft stock" fantasy.

Who the hell is going to listen to 17 year old me claiming "Bre-X is nothing but a giant fraud!"
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2014, 01:49:28 PM
Selling a worthless stock is not fucking over Faceless Megacorp.

I really wish you were a bit less retarded some times.

And indeed many innocent people were fucked over by Bre-X.  Though honestly even at the time people were saying Bre-X was wildly over-valued.  Nobody expected it to go to zero so quickly, but it was still a wildly speculative play.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 04:09:58 PM
TBR SANCTITY OMG
A mixture of #1 and "some kind of money making scheme".
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.