Uber drivers are workers, UK supreme court rules

Started by garbon, October 02, 2014, 07:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2017, 04:47:13 PM
I don't understand what we are supposed to see in that photo - apart from a fat guy in shades with two other dudes.

Tamas believes that fat dudes in shades are clearly morally dubious and assumes we share that opinion.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on November 14, 2017, 04:48:34 PM
I don't understand what we are supposed to see in that photo - apart from a fat guy in shades with two other dudes.

Tamas believes that fat dudes in shades are clearly morally dubious and assumes we share that opinion.

Yeah, I mean it is very likely that is a photo of a terribly corrupt person but nothing in that photo shows that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Expression, demeanor, bearing, body language, etc.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2017, 04:52:06 PM

Expression, demeanor, bearing, body language, etc.

Body language? :huh: We can see his lips and double chin. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2017, 04:56:57 PM
Body language? :huh: We can see his lips and double chin. :D

You win.  It's Santa and two elves in shades.

Eddie Teach

I don't think still photographs reveal much about a person's character. The presumption that they do makes for ok gags though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

In this day and age of everybody carrying a camera at all times there would also be photos of Mussolini laughing or eating or picking a wedgie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Well Tamas is from there he can probably explain the context of what we were supposed to see in those photos.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 14, 2017, 06:47:04 PM
I don't think still photographs reveal much about a person's character. The presumption that they do makes for ok gags though.
I think that goes too far the other way.  Clearly you can't read a person like a book from the photo, but people often consciously or subconsciously act to look the part.  I don't think there are too many literature professors that look like those three dudes.

derspiess

He looks like some fat mafia Don.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

He wouldn't look out of place in a Guy Ritchie movie.

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/21/uber-data-hack-cyber-attack

QuoteUber concealed a massive global breach of the personal information of 57 million customers and drivers in October 2016, failing to notify the individuals and regulators, the company acknowledged on Tuesday.

Uber also confirmed it had paid the hackers responsible $100,000 to delete the data and keep the breach quiet, which was first reported by Bloomberg.

"None of this should have happened, and I will not make excuses for it," Uber chief executive Dara Khosrowshahi said in a statement acknowledging the breach and cover-up. "While I can't erase the past, I can commit on behalf of every Uber employee that we will learn from our mistakes."

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on November 14, 2017, 04:17:54 PM
I have bumped into the picture that I wanted to post here earlier, so I do it now.

The leader of taxi drivers' union/organisation, when he held a press conference during their anti-Uber protests (which did win and the government chased Uber out):

Bunch of defenders of the downtrodden, clearly  :lol:

Well...yeah?
Poor people in general tend to be the ones hit by obesity these days.
Taxi drivers as a rule tend to stay sat on their arse all day.
They really do look like typical taxi drivers.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Stockholm deregulated (well it's still regulated in some ways of course but no more than other businesses) its taxis in 1990 (I think), and the result was immense improvement.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.