News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Are We Just Gettin' Stoopider?

Started by Josephus, September 07, 2014, 11:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2014, 09:09:00 AM
So what's the upside on that crappy movie? What's the cool buzz? :)

It's a satirical corrective to sappy human spirit triumphant works, such as the great Gattaca; and a blow to the idea we're all taught and which has never been true that we are somehow created equal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

It managed to completely rip off its main idea from The Marching Morons and not get sued.  Personally, I think the producers should just have bought the rights so they wouldn't get stuck using only hack writers willing to go along with their theft.

I think the cool buzz is that the movie is a comedy so lame that even its strongest supporters must concede that it isn't at all funny.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

I've never seen it because the trailers support Grumbler's conclusion more than Ide's.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on September 08, 2014, 04:04:49 PM
For example, I can't wait to hook up my brain to a nano-wifi device to surf the web with my brain, and thus have instant knowledge when and where I need it.

Going to be kinda tough on that 56k dialup of yours.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

It's a test for eugenics.  People who enjoyed the film are the first to be sterilized.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2014, 04:55:48 PM

It's a test for eugenics.  People who enjoyed the film are the first to be sterilized.

:)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Garbon and Raz, a pair of some of the most reproductively fit individuals on Earth. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2014, 07:11:17 PM
Garbon and Raz, a pair of some of the most reproductively fit individuals on Earth. :hmm:

I don't really see why my semen would make for a poor selection. As you always throw in my face, I did go to Stanford.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Ideologue

And no, you'd be fine, you're just not out there, making babies, instead ensuring the kin fitness of your siblings.  And you're good people.  Despite your Iviness.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Stanford ain't no stinkin' Ivy. :cool:

Besides, many of us aren't out there making babies.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2014, 08:20:59 PM
Stanford ain't no stinkin' Ivy. :cool:

Besides, many of us aren't out there making babies.

Stanford grads are not making babies?  Damn no wonder we are getting stoopider.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2014, 07:36:34 PM

I don't really see why my semen would make for a poor selection. As you always throw in my face, I did go to Stanford.
You can have the awesomest semen in the world, but it won't amount to anything if you keep misplacing it.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2014, 09:37:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2014, 07:36:34 PM

You can have the awesomest semen in the world, but it won't amount to anything if you keep misplacing it.

I'm still fairly young from a reproductive standpoint. Some could find a proper home.