NFL 2014 Week One....Momma Said Knock Your Wife Out

Started by CountDeMoney, September 04, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on September 10, 2014, 07:04:08 PM
There's lots of things about this that don't make sense; no matter what the truth is, it will be weird.

Major media outlets have been reporting since the spring that the NFL saw the video before they punished Rice, but no one ever contradicted that until Monday when the video was released.  Why wouldn't the NFL shoot those reports down immediately?

I could see a situation where the league saw the video, still only suspended Rice for the 2 games and assumed that that video would never become public.  Once it did Goddell just started burying himself in lies.  It doesn't make a lot of sense, but I could see it.

There are two videos. 

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2014, 07:09:18 PM
There are two videos. 

Yes.  Everybody meant the outside the elevator video when they wrote the story in the spring.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

No.  Peter King for sure, and another major media member that I can't remember at the moment, both reported that the NFL saw the in-elevator video before punishing Rice.

Everyone has seen the first video released of Rice dragging her out of the elevator.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on September 10, 2014, 07:15:44 PM
No.  Peter King for sure, and another major media member that I can't remember at the moment, both reported that the NFL saw the in-elevator video before punishing Rice.

Wow.  How juicy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: citizen k on September 10, 2014, 07:00:57 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2014, 06:45:11 PM
Yes, lets focus on how the league handled your Raven beating the shit out of his fiancee. That is the important point.

That is the scandalous part of this story.

Apparently not.

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2014, 07:18:13 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 10, 2014, 07:15:44 PM

Wow.  How juicy.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-nfl-domestic-violence-video-peter-king/

QuoteTo: Our readers.

An addendum to the Ray Rice coverage:

Earlier this summer a source I trusted told me he assumed the NFL had seen the damaging video that was released by TMZ on Monday morning of Rice slugging his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, in an Atlantic City elevator. The source said league officials had to have seen it. This source has been impeccable, and I believed the information. So I wrote that the league had seen the tape. I should have called the NFL for a comment, a lapse in reporting on my part. The league says it has not seen the tape, and I cannot refute that with certainty. No one from the league has ever knocked down my report to me, and so I was surprised to see the claim today that league officials have not seen the tape.

I hope when this story is fully vetted, we all get the truth and nothing but the truth.

derspiess

Lol thanks for making things even worse, Peter King.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

sbr

Jaron

DAMN Ray Rice is on my fantasy football team at work...waste of a pick!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2014, 10:56:05 PM
Jana Weckerly, 27, wants more than $1 million in damages after Jones kissed her, groped her genitals, made her rub his penis and forced her to watch as the businessman received oral sex from a different woman, according to the suit filed Monday night in Dallas County, Texas.

Poor girl.
:huh: WTF? Are you serious?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

derspiess

JT The Brick was the guy who was going on & on Tuesday about how the Monday night games were tainted.  On my drive home yesterday I briefly listened to him talk about how nobody at the Thursday Night game will be thinking about football & that the Ray Rice episode will weigh on everyone's minds.  I think he also went ahead and pronounced that all week 2's games will be tainted.  After about 2 minutes I couldn't listen to any more of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oh Lord, Dan Patrick has the NOW president on his show right now.  I love Dan but WTF, don't feed the monster.