Canadian Liberal Party considers mandatory voting.

Started by jimmy olsen, August 30, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2014, 07:15:22 PM
No sir, I don't like it. :crossarms:

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/federal-liberals-ponder-mandatory-voting

they also said they would legalize pot, then backtracked on it.  They said they would remake the gun registry, but then backtracked on it.   

And they still do not have a political platform.  It takes time to change the wording of their 1993 Red Book to make it appear as if it was a new piece.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

If I am forced to go to the polls, the first time I vote, I will vote against whichever party that made me go to the polls.  By the second time of the election, I will weigh the fine of not going and the transportation costs of going.  If the fine is not that high, I'll just mail the cheque to them.  If the fine is high, I'll write profanity and curses on politicians on the ballot paper to make sure that it is disqualified. 

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.