Large Scale Hack Results in Nude Photes of Celebrities on the Internet

Started by alfred russel, August 31, 2014, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

A date which which will live in infamy for all selfie attention-whores.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 31, 2014, 11:15:17 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/TheFappening/comments/2f44n0/new_celeb_leaked_pics_all_in_one_place/

The Fappening?  :lmfao:

Man, what a night this must've been, thousands upon thousands of neckbeards slowjerking it to constant updates. Dump Apple stock, invest in Kleenex.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Quote from: Legbiter on September 01, 2014, 05:51:49 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on August 31, 2014, 11:15:17 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/TheFappening/comments/2f44n0/new_celeb_leaked_pics_all_in_one_place/

The Fappening?  :lmfao:

Man, what a night this must've been, thousands upon thousands of neckbeards slowjerking it to constant updates. Dump Apple stock, invest in Kleenex.

Apple's legal team is probably going nuts about now.

Syt

As a layperson I think it would depend on how much negligence there was on their side, how secure the damaged parties could reasonably consider their data to be, and what the contractual terms re: data security between Apple and their customers were.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

This is America...our lawsuits can ignore all that and run on emotion and hysteria alone.

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 01, 2014, 07:31:08 AM
This is America...our lawsuits can ignore all that and run on emotion and hysteria alone.

So... sorta like "taking a step backwards is running away" Languish, then?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on September 01, 2014, 07:29:49 AM
As a layperson I think it would depend on how much negligence there was on their side, how secure the damaged parties could reasonably consider their data to be, and what the contractual terms re: data security between Apple and their customers were.

My opinion is that a celebrity is completely negligent in uploading nude pictures to the cloud. Some of those pictures are conceivably worth 7 figures--certainly well in the 6 figures--in the right venue. Half the world wants access to them. I'm excluding the possibility of Apple affirmatively taking on the risk in a contract.

I'm guessing a large part of the legal profession will disagree with me though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

There's something wrong with about 80% of you.  Have you considered Jesus?  It's a fundamentally flawed moral system, but for some of you, it might be an improvement and it's pretty easy to get into.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on September 01, 2014, 01:12:58 PM
There's something wrong with about 80% of you. 

That is probably so, but I'm not convinced this thread is evidence of that.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: alfred russel on September 01, 2014, 10:49:11 AM
Some of those pictures are conceivably worth 7 figures--certainly well in the 6 figures--in the right venue.

not anymore I guess

Martinus

It's funny how people who consider themselves decent and "white knights", or complain about rape jokes etc. go and watch these pictures and see nothing wrong with that.  :lol:

Ideologue

Who?  I'm pretty sure most of Languish is retrograde, misogynist and proud of it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive