This Tiny Copper Awl Is Rewriting History

Started by 11B4V, August 31, 2014, 01:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Awl I want to know is what jewish ethnicity that woman was.
Probably awlkenazi.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: grumbler on August 31, 2014, 11:33:21 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2014, 11:26:03 AM
I think BB is ready to mawl someone.

If this woman murdered her offspring with her metal gadget, would the title of the story be Awl My Children?

I don't know, but if this the case BB should make it his mission to put her remains in gawl.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 05, 2014, 01:10:42 PM

If this woman murdered her offspring with her metal gadget, would the title of the story be Awl My Children?

I don't know, but if this the case BB should make it his mission to put her remains in gawl.

The coppers are already involved it appears, but the authorities won't Tel more.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 05, 2014, 02:16:44 PM

The coppers are already involved it appears, but the authorities won't Tel more.
BvS's pun was a bore, but yours was borer.  If you continue to give your awl, someone will likely punch you.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2014, 02:21:38 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 05, 2014, 02:16:44 PM

BvS's pun was a bore, but yours was borer.  If you continue to give your awl, someone will likely punch you.

I would punch him for free.
But then, he is a jew, and I don't fight other jews because I am racist, bigotred and supremacist.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"