News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Going to Hell in a Handbasket

Started by Eddie Teach, August 28, 2014, 02:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the most worrisome/important thing going on in the world right now?

Russian aggression
15 (30.6%)
Pan-Islamic movements/Islamic fundamentalism
4 (8.2%)
Ebola
2 (4.1%)
China's continuing growth
7 (14.3%)
Summat to do with European monetary policy/future of EU
6 (12.2%)
Wall Street bankers not up against wall
8 (16.3%)
Beginning of football season
1 (2%)
Something else
2 (4.1%)
Jaron chatting up Mormon girls
4 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Definitely Russian aggression.  Also most dangerous to Americans, not just because of nuclear weapons, but also because of cyber weapons.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

Ideologue

Ongoing refusal to acclaim me godking.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on August 28, 2014, 02:31:31 PM
Definitely Russian aggression.  Also most dangerous to Americans, not just because of nuclear weapons, but also because of cyber weapons.
[/quote

You're full of more shit than a Christmas goose.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2014, 03:33:45 PM
[/quote

Eddie Teach

One would hope the shit got cleaned out before the bird got cooked. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on August 28, 2014, 03:45:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2014, 03:33:45 PM
[/quote

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

LaCroix

russia's just going through a phase. more importantly, i hope the same is true of the EU! i don't know enough about the EU to gauge its future stability.

jimmy olsen

Hard to say. The situation with ISIS is bound to go pear shaped, while Russia while likely not go further than E. Ukraine, but obviously the consequences of the later situation getting out of hand are far worse.

Ebola, I expect some pretty apocalyptic scenes in West Africa, but it probably won't spread out of Africa, and if it does only to similarly poverty stricken parts of the world. So bad on a human scale, but not directly threatening to the West.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

The masses voting ourselves more welfare.