Winning Friends and Influencing People the Richard Dawkins Way

Started by Sheilbh, August 21, 2014, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

It is a fine thing that you do not have the power of life and death over others.  Half of us would be up against the wall in a week.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on August 23, 2014, 01:00:04 PM
At least the left won the language war on gay things.

The right won that one too.  That's why gay men are queer.

CountDeMoney

You'd think they'd rather win the culture wars on gays and lose on abortion;  that way, there's a greater chance of aborted gays. 

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2014, 07:14:42 PM
It is a fine thing that you do not have the power of life and death over others.  Half of us would be up against the wall in a week.

Let's be real.  Most of you wouldn't resist.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2014, 09:09:51 PM

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

It's kinda amazing to me how it seems many people don't resist (at least with all their physical might until the very end) certain death/execution.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2014, 09:28:15 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2014, 09:09:51 PM

:hmm:

Liquidation would be unnecessary. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)