And we're back!

Main Menu

S.F. mandates composting

Started by jimmy olsen, June 11, 2009, 05:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 12, 2009, 09:00:04 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 11, 2009, 05:54:58 PM
Why is it unreasonable to have bikes stop every block when cars have to? More over wouldn't that result in have lots of bicyclists killed? I don't get his argument.

They don't want to stop because it is a pain in the ass to get moving again when you're on a bike.

I am sympathetic; however. it's a very good idea to follow the same rules as the rest of the road. it's called self preservation.

humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

The whole garbage insanity is insane. Disposing of your garbage should be as quick and simple as possible. But the ecofaggots have this idea that if you don't suffer you're not helping the environment. Fuck them, they can suffer if they want. Leave the rest of us alone.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: saskganesh on June 12, 2009, 09:09:08 AM
composting lowers your garbage (tax) bills, relieves stress on landfills and provides free nutrients for gardening and agriculture. I fail to see the problem here.

BB's lifestyle is subsidized by tax dollars so of course he should do whatever I think is correct.

YOu might have had a point if you lived in the have province of Saskatchewan, but in have-not Ontario you're as much a moocher as I am.

Lets face it - in Confederation Neil, CC and Buddha get to call the shots.  :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on June 12, 2009, 09:09:08 AM
composting lowers your garbage (tax) bills,
Not in the slightest.
Quoterelieves stress on landfills
Irrelevant in Whitehorse, and most of Western Canada.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 12, 2009, 05:22:06 AM
you'd be surprised to what extent 'trash' can be sorted out, resulting in materials that can be recycled. Leaving less trash.
So maybe you could think before you talk. I'm pretty sure many would apreciate the new behaviour.

I already recycle but thanks.

Anyway, what's up? I haven't heard you crying for Arab blood in a while. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on June 12, 2009, 11:10:22 AM
The whole garbage insanity is insane. Disposing of your garbage should be as quick and simple as possible. But the ecofaggots have this idea that if you don't suffer you're not helping the environment. Fuck them, they can suffer if they want. Leave the rest of us alone.

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Fucking bikes.  Going to visit my parents this evening. Rush hour traffic on the fucking highway.  Average speed is 55-65MPH.  Some jerkwad was riding a bike in the middle lane. 
PDH!

C.C.R.

I'm gearing up to install a 42" diameter fire pit in the yard tomorrow.  My garbage/recycling woes are about to go bye-bye...

:ccr

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 12, 2009, 07:42:01 PM
Fucking bikes.  Going to visit my parents this evening. Rush hour traffic on the fucking highway.  Average speed is 55-65MPH.  Some jerkwad was riding a bike in the middle lane. 

:huh: Wow. Bikes are actually banned on NJ freeways (not sure why in the case of the NJ Turnpike, though... you'd probably get from Point A to Point B faster on a bike).
Experience bij!