News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Raz lost the Civil war

Started by Razgovory, August 11, 2014, 01:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Man Robertson's boys sucked it up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Huh.  I just noticed that the next scenario actually takes place before the one I just fought (at least according to the clock), despite the fact I needed to win the scenario I just played to play the next one.  I guess that's just an over site.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Apparently multiplayer has been implemented.  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

So am I correct in nothing that at no point do you really command the entire army in a single scenario - you are just getting pieces at a time in each scenario?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2014, 10:26:41 PM
So am I correct in nothing that at no point do you really command the entire army in a single scenario - you are just getting pieces at a time in each scenario?

Actually I'm not sure.  Sometimes I get a message that says "The whole army of the Potomac/Northern Virginia is on the field!"  But I'm commanding around 30,000 people.  I don't know how many soldiers actually fought compared to how many did drove wagons or something.  I think I've seen it where all three Confederate Corps were on the field but according to Wiki there 71k Confederate soldiers there.  I don't know how these armies were organized that well.

However normally it's in smaller bites revolving around certain actions like the fight at the round tops.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Like all great AARs this one ends in disappointment.  There isn't a real save system yet, all I can do is click continue to continue the battle from where I left off.  Unfortunately when I clicked continue it wouldn't do anything.  I don't know if it lost my campaign or what.  I don't think I can proceed. :(

It's kind of depressing since I was on the verge of crushing the Confederates.  Imagine it went something like this:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Yeah, that's the first time that happened.  Still pisses me off.  I know Berkut is on the fence about getting this, my advice is to wait till it's actually released.  There is another annoying feature in the game that does show up in the AAR.  You can play individual scenarios, but only after they are unlocked by playing the campaign which is stupid.  Playing through campaign won't unlock all the scenarios, just the ones you played.  It's a stupid system that I hope is changed.

The Brain

I hate that kind of retardism in games.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.