The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2016, 03:14:56 PM
Pretty awful. I'm not liking how this shit is heating up. :(

Yeah. I was hoping we would enter into an intense discussion on police reform.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

To some extent this is not terribly surprising.

There are some crazy nutjobs out there, and at least some of them are presumably looking for some kind of psychological trigger or excuse to enact their crazy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Who the fuck is this idiot anyway?  Yahoo News for some reason keeps thinking that I'm interested in his crazy raving, and keep giving me stories with outlandish titles.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Meh, money's already been spent.  Might as well finish the rest. 

derspiess

This was all she needed to secure her name in the annals of Maryland history.  And to get for her a nomination for, dare I say?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2016, 08:59:47 PM
This was all she needed to secure her name in the annals of Maryland history.  And to get for her a nomination for, dare I say?

Someone in police custody died in a manner ruled as a homicide by the medical examiner's office.  She did her job; something those cops didn't do.

Oh wait, I forgot, he was only a filthy fucking nigger, so shit happens, LOL suck it, dead nigger.  #DeadNiggerStorageHaHaHaHa

sbr

A little something for derspiess' spank bank

http://gawker.com/video-shows-unarmed-black-man-pleading-with-arms-raised-1784004594

QuoteVideo Shows Unarmed Black Man Pleading With Arms Raised Before Getting Shot by Police

On Wednesday, WSVN aired a cell phone video reportedly taken moments before caregiver Charles Kinsey was shot by North Miami police. In it, Kinsey, who survived, can be see lying on the ground with his hands raised, explaining that him and the autistic man he was assisting are unarmed.

"I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I'm thinking I just got shot!" Kinsey told WSVN. "And I'm saying, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me were, 'I don't know.'"

According to police, officers were dispatched to the scene of the shooting on Monday after getting a 911 call about a man with a gun threatening suicide.

"Arriving officers attempted to negotiate with two men on the scene, one of whom was later identified as suffering from autism," said North Miami Police in a statement. "At some point during the on-scene negotiation, one of the responding officers discharged his weapon, striking the employee."

According to WPLG, police later said the autistic man "had something in his hand." In the video, Kinsey can be heard identifying the object as a toy truck.

After shooting him, Kinsey says police put him in handcuffs.

North Miami Police say the officer who shot Kinsey has been placed on administrative leave, but have not released the officer's name or said if he will face any charges.

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2016, 09:05:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2016, 08:59:47 PM

Someone in police custody died in a manner ruled as a homicide by the medical examiner's office.  She did her job; something those cops didn't do.

Oh wait, I forgot, he was only a filthy fucking nigger, so shit happens, LOL suck it, dead nigger.  #DeadNiggerStorageHaHaHaHa

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/07/19/486581466/police-and-black-lives-matter-hold-a-cookout-and-praise-rolls-in

Members of the Wichita, Kan., police department spent Sunday afternoon eating and talking with people from the community, at a cookout that was planned with the local Black Lives Matter group.

The event was called the First Steps Community Cookout — a reference to its goal of bridging the gap between police and the community they serve. Taking place instead of a protest that had been planned for Sunday, the cookout came about after Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsay had a lengthy meeting with activist A.J. Bohannon and other members of the local Black Lives Matter movement.

:wub:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Nah, she grandstanded to try and boost her political career.  Remember that little press conference of hers?

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2016, 09:53:22 PM

Nah, she grandstanded to try and boost her political career.  Remember that little press conference of hers?

Basically