The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:25:59 PM
Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2016, 12:23:31 PM

Working on it....  <_<

Hey I hear you know a Canadian. Or is he still a Canadian?

You can't stop being a Canadian.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:39:16 PM
Besides don't states have the authority to institute something like a thorough background check currently?
yes, but most don't do it, afaik.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: LaCroix on July 08, 2016, 12:43:12 PM
that's why you ban semi-auto rifles. no reason for people to own those beyond the shooting range

No thanks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on July 08, 2016, 12:46:53 PM
yes, but most don't do it, afaik.

Things like this are pretty regional. I could see something like this be in place in Illinois.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 12:46:04 PM
Police in Fresno shot an unarmed 19-year old during a traffic stop: http://abc30.com/news/family-of-19-year-old-shot-by-fresno-police-speak-out/1418051/

Well shit. What a disgraceful and horrible story that is.

Probably won't generate any national outrage, though.

derspiess

Anyone else getting a Rupaul vibe from the Dallas Police Chief?

Grey Fox

They shot a white kid? Oh those dumb-asses are going to get put on administrative paid leave now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

that's why you ban semi-auto rifles. no reason for people to own those beyond the shooting range

Handguns are used most of the time, not semiauto rifles.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2016, 12:56:26 PM
Probably won't generate any national outrage, though.

Why not?

Oh the race thing. Right for some reason the fact that everybody is being shot by police seems to be less of a problem than that black people are shot more. It is an annoying way to split the population on this issue.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2016, 12:57:56 PM
They shot a white kid? Oh those dumb-asses are going to get put on administrative paid leave now.

Happens pretty often so I don't appreciate the attitude asshole.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 12:58:03 PM

Handguns are used most of the time, not semiauto rifles.

In most gun deaths yes. In these kinds of mass shootings less so. It is much easier to accidentally shoot yourself or somebody close to you, or commit suicide, with a handgun.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:59:31 PM
In most gun deaths yes. In these kinds of mass shootings less so.

I mean...that's what we're trying to get rid of by banning guns right?  Why wouldn't you go for the things that cause the most gun deaths?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2016, 01:00:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2016, 12:59:31 PM
In most gun deaths yes. In these kinds of mass shootings less so.

I mean...that's what we're trying to get rid of by banning guns right?  Why wouldn't you go for the things that cause the most gun deaths?

I was explaining why ARs are being singled out in reaction to these shootings.