The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 09, 2015, 04:59:33 PM
In 2010, the 7-Eleven convenience store chain even donated $5,000 and gained naming rights to a purebred Percheron once known as Blackie. It became Slurpee, named after the store's frozen beverage.

The fact that nobody's commented on this gem saddens me. :(

:P
Experience bij!

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 11, 2015, 04:55:33 AM
The guy isn't really that white either.

Apparently white enough to fit the "white men gunning down black youths" narrative.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I like the idea of Marti talking about race in America.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2015, 10:09:52 AM

Are colours different in America than they are in Europe? Because this guy is brown, like most so-called "blacks".

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on January 12, 2015, 10:19:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2015, 10:09:52 AM

Are colours different in America than they are in Europe? Because this guy is brown, like most so-called "blacks".

Perception of race is likely different, yes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Yes. My perception is that what matters most is blackness or not. Whiteness is terribly flexible.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

"Brown" covers a huge range of hues, including most white people who live below 40 degrees latitude or so.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

QuotePolice camera shows final moments before man killed Flagstaff officer
Disturbing video captured the moments leading up to the killing of a rookie Arizona officer by an armed suspect.

24-year-old Flagstaff police Officer Tyler Jacob Stewart was killed December 27 by a man concealing a firearm.

According to The Republic, Officer Stewart responded to an apartment where 28-year-old Robert William Smith and his girlfriend had reportedly been arguing over unwashed dishes. Smith had become violent and broke items around the house, resulting in the girlfriend's call to police.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=227_1421255859

Martinus

MadImmortalMan

Everything seemed fine until the officer asked to frisk him. I guess the guy panicked. Sad.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Yes, Marty.  :P

I decided you could use the night off, and find something else to do on a Friday night instead of goofing on murdered officers.

derspiess

Been a while since I saw Seedy go all Sergeant Mulcahy on someone.