The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zoupa

Looks like Akron is gonna burn soon.

When you add the 60 bullets to the abortion denied to a 10 year old rape victim, I wonder if Ohio qualifies as a cesspool?

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on July 03, 2022, 03:29:00 PMLooks like Akron is gonna burn soon.

When you had the 60 bullets to the abortion denied to a 10 year old rape victim, I wonder if Ohio qualifies as a cesspool?

It always has been.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on July 03, 2022, 03:29:00 PMLooks like Akron is gonna burn soon.

When you add the 60 bullets to the abortion denied to a 10 year old rape victim, I wonder if Ohio qualifies as a cesspool?

I just learned that the dude was shooting at the cops.  How in the world is that not a righteous kill?  :huh:

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2022, 09:46:37 PM

I just learned that the dude was shooting at the cops.  How in the world is that not a righteous kill?  :huh:

Yeah, if you shoot at cops and then leave your gun in the car while fleeing, it isn't reasonable to expect that the cops would know that you were unarmed when they fired.

I am kinda wondering how thirteen cops got on the scene when the whole thing took only "several minutes" from the initial traffic stop.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

In a city it doesn't strike me as surprising that thirteen cops would get on the scene in a minute.  The density of cop cars per square mile would be much higher in an urban area, and if the shots are fired, then every cop from every jurisdiction in the area would drop what they're doing and get going.  I've seen a lot of traffic stop videos where a call for a backup in a city setting seems to be answered instantly, as if 5 patrol cars were just sitting there waiting for the signal to get to the scene.

Syt

Dilbert creator Scott Adams weighs in on mass shootings committed by young men.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Is that for real? I know the guy was off the deep end, but that's... wow.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

I read about his stepson dying on his wiki. Fentanyl OD, apparently. I guess Adams doesn't believe in drug rehab.

grumbler

When an old male (let's say 60-70) is a danger to his career and others, society gives his fans only two options:
1.  Watch him wreck his career by saying stupid shit
2.  Tell him to STFU.

Those are your only options.  I chose #1 because it is funny as hell to watch a Trumpeter nail himself to a cross.

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on July 07, 2022, 03:36:56 PMWhen an old male (let's say 60-70) is a danger to his career and others, society gives his fans only two options:
1.  Watch him wreck his career by saying stupid shit
2.  Tell him to STFU.

Those are your only options.  I chose #1 because it is funny as hell to watch a Trumpeter nail himself to a cross.

Not sure why, but I decided to check out the most recent Dilbert cartoons after seeing Scott Adams name - wondered how they were.

This weeks cartoons are fine, but the week before he did a whole series on rigged voting machines. :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Chauvin got 21 years for violating George Floyd's civil rights.

Syt

A post scriptum to Scott Adams' posts. I think he needs professional help. :(

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

What the fuck? So I take it his step-son committed suicide? I guess that would fuck up anybody. Poor dude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."