News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 06:40:33 PM
I'm going to watch Crimson Tide tonight, right up to the point where Denzel Washington's character ruins it for everybody.

It was on here last night. What really ruins that movie is the excessive sweating. And Gandolfini's sudden turn to creepy lunatic.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: mongers on September 05, 2014, 06:18:36 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 05, 2014, 06:02:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2014, 09:59:17 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2014, 06:39:42 AM
Which is not the point I was making. 911 was not the case of "defending a member state's territory". It was a case of a hostile terorrist action carried out in a member state's territory. Not the same thing.

Don't fuck with grumbler, he will out-lawyer you.  A is A.

that depends on the meaning of "Is"

Islamic state?

Well obviously Clinton was innocent then since his alleged blowjobs from monica were really planning sessions for cruise missiling al qaeda.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 04, 2014, 09:22:07 AM
Baltics are a different story.  Still unikely, but not impossible some sort of indirect subversion type tactics could be attempted.
They've had plenty of that before. It's one of the reasons Estonia has a surprisingly effective intelligence agency which is almost all about dealing with Russian espionage/subversion.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Totally minor stuff, but painting part of the Russian picture: Russian incursions into Danish airspace have been increasing rapidly in recent years: http://cphpost.dk/news/russians-increasingly-challenging-danish-airspace.10752.html

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2014, 12:17:54 PM
Totally minor stuff, but painting part of the Russian picture: Russian incursions into Danish airspace have been increasing rapidly in recent years: http://cphpost.dk/news/russians-increasingly-challenging-danish-airspace.10752.html

They've been doing it in North American airspace as well.  It's not minor stuff at all.

mongers

Channel 4 news correspondent in the Ukraine visited the recently recaptured Luhansk airport, from which Ukranian forces had been shelling the city. She said it was the worst damaged place she'd seen in E.Ukraine, indeed one of the most devastated places she'd ever seen. Went on to say, there was no way just the rebels could have done that amount of damage, said the Russians must have been responsible.

Looking at the torn, twisted and flattened airport buildings, I would be surprised if the Russians hadn't used thermobaric weapons on the Ukrainian positions.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2014, 06:22:10 PM

They've been doing it in North American airspace as well.  It's not minor stuff at all.

Yeah, I don't think so either, but I figured few people on Languish would treat anything that happens in Denmark as significant.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2014, 10:07:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2014, 06:22:10 PM

Yeah, I don't think so either, but I figured few people on Languish would treat anything that happens in Denmark as significant.

There's a joke involve a graveyard and a skull to be made there by cleverer people than me.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Can't wait till they start beaching their subs again.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

What is funny is that governments have only just woke up to the post Cold War world and begun readjusting militaries for the way wars are fought...in the 90s and 00s.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

Amusingly enough, 2 fighter jets flew over Downtown Montreal earlier today and for a minute I though things had really heated up with Russia and NORAD was scrambling with some kind of response.  :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

Could've have been Winnipeg Jets, those fly below Nashville.