News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on September 01, 2014, 07:40:21 AM
Submissive homosexuals have always been fascinated by the reckless aggression of the Russian state. Nothing new here.

Uhm, no.  :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2014, 07:57:04 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 01, 2014, 07:40:21 AM
Submissive homosexuals have always been fascinated by the reckless aggression of the Russian state. Nothing new here.

Uhm, no.  :huh:

Everyone knows you will be all over Russian boots when they march down the streets of Moscow  :P

And if not, exceptions prove the rule :P

Syt

Italian paper La Republicca says that Putin in a recent call with Manuel Barroso has said that Putin could take Kiev in two weeks if he wanted to.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Big deal.  I want to know if he can beat Monty to Caen.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on September 01, 2014, 10:33:03 AM
Italian paper La Republicca says that Putin in a recent call with Manuel Barroso has said that Putin could take Kiev in two weeks if he wanted to.

Berlin by Christmas!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2014, 10:35:41 AM
Big deal.  I want to know if he can beat Monty to Caen.

A frozen Cossack horse turd could beat Monty to Caen.

Syt

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-has-threatened-nuclear-attack-says-ukraine-defence-minister-267842

QuoteRussia Has Threatened Nuclear Attack, Says Ukraine Defence Minister

Kiev has received threats of nuclear retaliation from Russia through unofficial channels if it continues to fight pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine, the Ukrainian Minister of Defence, Valeriy Heletey, announced on his Facebook page on Monday.'

"The Russian side has threatened on several occasions across unofficial channels that, in the case of continued resistance they are ready to use a tactical nuclear weapon against us," Heletey's statement reads.

The minister goes on to say that Russia's "hybrid war" in Ukraine is at an end, accusing the Kremlin of attempting a "full-scale invasion". Heletey called for all Ukrainian forces to "consolidate" and "begin building defences against Russia," insisting today "the operation to liberate the Eastern Ukraine against terrorism is complete".

Heletey's cryptic message comes after rapidly escalating tensions between Russia and Ukraine over continuing reports of Russian military activity near the separatist-held regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, in eastern Ukraine.

Italian newspaper La Repubblica reported that Russian president Vladimir Putin had said in a phone call European Commission President Jose Manual Barroso he could "take Kiev in two weeks" if he wanted to.

Last week two groups of Russian soldiers were captured by Ukrainian forces, which the Kremlin insisted had not entered Ukraine as part of a military operation.

The Kremlin has gone on record to deny any military involvement in Ukraine, insisting that all Russians fighting for Ukrainian eastern separatist forces are not stationed on military duty but are there as volunteers, despite mounting evidence that a full-scale military operation is underway.

But Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko accused Russia of "direct and undisguised aggression" shortly before the Ukrainian military said it had retreated from a strategically valuable airport near the city of Luhansk today, after coming into contact with a Russian tank battalion.

Western leaders have condemned Russian military activity in Ukraine with British Prime Minister David Cameron branding Russian troops' presence in Ukraine "unacceptable and unjustified", while Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel has called on Russia to cease its "aggressive behaviour".

The Federation of American Scientists estimates Russia's total inventory of nuclear warheads at 8,000, 1,600 of which are strategically operational.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Yeah, I don't find it very credible. Even if he were to only use weapons with low kt yield, he would be an immediate pariah.

Unless there's little fallout from his decision, proving that nukes are a valid battlefield weapon, encouraging others.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

The Russians say all sorts of bizarre things, who can tell?  They may have also told the Ukrainians that they plan to air drop millions of maggots on Kiev.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on September 01, 2014, 07:35:55 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 01, 2014, 06:43:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
The French actually are subhuman. Evidence no. 32511: http://www.sudouest.fr/2014/08/26/ukraine-des-francais-combattent-aux-cotes-des-pro-russes-1652081-4803.php

We have two crazies fighting for them too. Communists, even.

Anti-fascists....fighting FOR the Russians?
They're not doing it right.

Well, they're hysterical "see what the West supports, do the opposite" lefties. Plus the whole "we are fighting the fascism in Kiev" Russian propaganda sort of fits with the theme.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2014, 12:22:56 PM
The Russians say all sorts of bizarre things, who can tell?  They may have also told the Ukrainians that they plan to air drop millions of maggots on Kiev.

:x :x :x

Oh, maggots.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on September 01, 2014, 12:20:01 PM
Yeah, I don't find it very credible. Even if he were to only use weapons with low kt yield, he would be an immediate pariah.

Unless there's little fallout from his decision, proving that nukes are a valid battlefield weapon, encouraging others.

So that might actually get Germany to support some real sanctions? :P

DGuller

Let's say Russia does use tactical nukes.  What exactly can we do about it?  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't see how the nuclear game doesn't play into the hands of the crazier actor.

Tonitrus

Much as I'd like to blame Germany, in realistic terms, it might be hard to.

Winter is coming up pretty soon, if Putin decided to go all EMBARGO ON - WHO RUNS BARTERTOWN? with natural gas, how fucked are the Germans?  I imagine conjuring up an alternate way, short-notice way to heat their homes won't be very simple.