News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am not sure if I have shown this here or not... This guy meant it as a pretty serious song, but quickly become a classic meme in the country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Vaz9jW054

:lmfao:

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2014, 02:53:12 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 30, 2014, 01:33:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
I know it's terrible to say, but the dumbass Russian in the Donbas shooting down that airliner was luckiest break we've had.  I think it woke everyone up.

Really? To be honest I have not noticed any "awakening" in the West or any marked change of policy.

The shooting followed a round of sanctions.  Before that most of Europe seemed content to just sit around with their collective thumbs up their asses.

I think you are wrong (could be about how media are reporting this in the West - this is, obviously, a much bigger topic here in Poland) - essentially, my impression is that every time there is an escalation of the conflict in Ukraine, there is a new round of sanctions. From that perspective, since the shooting down of the plane was, obviously, an escalation, there was a new round of sanctions, but there were sanctions before and after that, too, and the ones connected with the plane were not particularly stronger or outstanding.

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 30, 2014, 02:35:59 AM
Indeed.  The shot down airliner has pretty much disappeared from U.S. news.

If it were a U.S. airliner, there'd be 'Murrica!-laced shit flying all over.  Or at least, Obama would be taking huge amounts of crap from militantly enraged Republicans.

Well, given that the Dutch were the chief victims and their pussy government pretty much refused to make a fuss about it (I guess the best they can do is complain about Polish immigrants, but they are too much of cowards to defend their citizens being murdered) so I think everybody else sorta thought they do not have a horse in this race.

CountDeMoney

The unfortunate reality of it is that there were simply not enough Americans on board.

mongers

So the evidence is now pretty clear that significant regular Russian forces are fighting inside the Ukraine.

Time I think to close the thread and start another, or just re-title this one ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

According to media reports, two Ukrainian ships have been sunk by Russian military airplanes.

Also, an Ukrainian officer has apparently been tortured to death on youtube by separatists.

The Brain

Forced to watch endless unboxing videos?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Phillip V

Do Russians purchase and hang these pics in their homes?

Martinus

mongers

Watching a AJ report from the town/village of Starobeshve (sp?), three captured Ukrainian conscripts were interviewed, one said their unit came under intense artillery bombardment and 80% of their number were killed within the first 10 minutes; not sure that's the sort of firepower and co-ordination the rebels are capable of mustering.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on September 01, 2014, 06:38:06 AM
Watching a AJ report from the town/village of Starobeshve (sp?), three captured Ukrainian conscripts were interviewed, one said their unit came under intense artillery bombardment and 80% of their number were killed within the first 10 minutes; not sure that's the sort of firepower and co-ordination the rebels are capable of mustering.  :hmm:

Depends on the hardware shop on their corner.

Syt

http://rt.com/news/184236-lugansk-donetsk-kiev-talks/

QuoteAt talks in the Belarusian capital, the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics have urged Kiev to acknowledge their autonomy within Ukraine, but said they wish to remain an integral part of the country.

Of course they want to stay part of Ukraine. Much easier to stir up shit that way.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on September 01, 2014, 06:43:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 01, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
The French actually are subhuman. Evidence no. 32511: http://www.sudouest.fr/2014/08/26/ukraine-des-francais-combattent-aux-cotes-des-pro-russes-1652081-4803.php

We have two crazies fighting for them too. Communists, even.

Anti-fascists....fighting FOR the Russians?
They're not doing it right.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Submissive homosexuals have always been fascinated by the reckless aggression of the Russian state. Nothing new here.