News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I know it's terrible to say, but the dumbass Russian in the Donbas shooting down that airliner was luckiest break we've had.  I think it woke everyone up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

What scares me most is that if the reputation of that Russian paper is legit, then currently in Russia making at the very least puppet states out of the NATO member Baltic States isthe part of mainstream political discussions.
Which is crazy.

alfred russel

Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2014, 07:56:57 PM
What scares me most is that if the reputation of that Russian paper is legit, then currently in Russia making at the very least puppet states out of the NATO member Baltic States isthe part of mainstream political discussions.
Which is crazy.

You should move back to Hungary. When the balloon goes up, NATO won't nuke Hungary because it is a member, and the Russians won't nuke it because the Hungarians are in their pocket. While the rest of us are vaporized, you will live on in peace (for two weeks or so, until you die from radiation poisoning).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Tonitrus

Eddie Teach

We really need to find a couple other Hungarian themes to alternate the puns.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I noticed in the videos, the Slavs like to jump into the middle of the street, fire a MG wildly, then duck behind a wall. Just like Dune coons.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
I know it's terrible to say, but the dumbass Russian in the Donbas shooting down that airliner was luckiest break we've had.  I think it woke everyone up.

Really? To be honest I have not noticed any "awakening" in the West or any marked change of policy.

Tonitrus

Indeed.  The shot down airliner has pretty much disappeared from U.S. news.

If it were a U.S. airliner, there'd be 'Murrica!-laced shit flying all over.  Or at least, Obama would be taking huge amounts of crap from militantly enraged Republicans.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 30, 2014, 01:33:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2014, 07:46:39 PM

Really? To be honest I have not noticed any "awakening" in the West or any marked change of policy.

The shooting followed a round of sanctions.  Before that most of Europe seemed content to just sit around with their collective thumbs up their asses.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Any measures short of a full blown shooting war are going to seem namby pamby.

Tonitrus

Well, if Russia can have off-duty volunteers supporting the rebels...

Razgovory

We could send Siege, but it's not clear on which side he'd fight.