News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2014, 11:24:29 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/nato-satellite-photo-evidence-russia-lying-about-ukraine-2014-8

I just love how the fact these soldiers are supposedly "on vacation" is passed down as an acceptable excuse. No developed military force in the world allows its soldiers to go all merc when on leave, for Christ's sake.

CountDeMoney

I dunno, ours seemed to let Siegy do his religious war mercenary thing on the weekends with no problem.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on August 28, 2014, 08:49:17 AM
The way I see it, Russians can pull this de-facto but undeclared war bullshit indefinitely, and they know it.  It can only become an official war if Ukraine declares war, because Russians won't, and what in the world would Ukraine win by doing that?

That's why the West should do the same, and funnel money and arms into Ukraine.

Tonitrus

I, for one, support expanding U.S. opportunities in eastern Europe so as to increase the opportunities for U.S. servicemen to meet HOTT foreign babes support our NATO allies more effectively.

Razgovory

I've read reports of Ukrainian forces falling back on Mariupol.  That's a fairly large town and I don't think a 1,000 Russian soldiers could take it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on August 28, 2014, 05:58:59 PM
I've read reports of Ukrainian forces falling back on Mariupol.  That's a fairly large town and I don't think a 1,000 Russian soldiers could take it.

They failed their morale roll.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

The only thing the Ukrainians are capable of falling back on is the otttoman in Rob and Laura's living room.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2014, 06:02:31 PM
The only thing the Ukrainians are capable of falling back on is the otttoman in Rob and Laura's living room.

I don't think the Turks are getting into this.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Well the one thing that every one agrees on is that Obama looked terrible in that suit.

Admiral Yi

Suit was OK.  But you can't wear it with a power tie, need something floral.