Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2014, 07:51:52 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2014, 04:31:29 AM
Meanwhile in La-La-Land:

What exactly is it that you want NATO to do, as this is not necessarily a NATO issue?

Bomb the fuck out of them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2014, 07:51:52 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2014, 04:31:29 AM
Meanwhile in La-La-Land:

What exactly is it that you want NATO to do, as this is not necessarily a NATO issue?

Did I say that I want NATO to do anything? La-La-Land referred to the alternate reality that is Russian state media.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Thanks to all this Slavic bullshit, I had to change all my bank passwords.

I ain't waiting for the banks to tell me to change them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

The way I see it, Russians can pull this de-facto but undeclared war bullshit indefinitely, and they know it.  It can only become an official war if Ukraine declares war, because Russians won't, and what in the world would Ukraine win by doing that?

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on August 28, 2014, 08:49:17 AM
The way I see it, Russians can pull this de-facto but undeclared war bullshit indefinitely, and they know it.  It can only become an official war if Ukraine declares war, because Russians won't, and what in the world would Ukraine win by doing that?

Yep.  The only hope is that it becomes such a drain for the Russians that it becomes too costly to continue. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

They're somewhat gimped, though, because this way they won't be able to use air assets without being too obvious.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2014, 09:22:40 AM
They're somewhat gimped, though, because this way they won't be able to use air assets without being too obvious.

Sure they could. Just say that the seperatists bought those assets at the local hardware store.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

Or that it was the Ukrainian airforce. They are already doing it with the Malaysian flight.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Good. I expect they will leave Hungary out though, as the government is in the pockets of Putin.

Tamas

the NATO commander guy has cancelled his press event for today, maybe indication that some shit is really going down and NATO members are discussing what to do?

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Tamas on August 28, 2014, 10:33:55 AM
the NATO commander guy has cancelled his press event for today, maybe indication that some shit is really going down and NATO members are discussing what to do?

Probably due to the NATO emergency meeting tomorrow.
According to BBC, there will also be a meeting of the UN security council today.

DGuller

Looks like Russia is on the verge of calling the whole charade off.  Damn.

derspiess

Quote from: Malicious Intent on August 28, 2014, 11:04:32 AM
According to BBC, there will also be a meeting of the UN security council today.

Speaking of charades...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall